2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Why would Bournemouth sell their best player for less than an absurd amount? It's not 2008 anymore, no premier league club needs to sell a key player for less than 50m.

Well if that’s the going rate it’s all relative so 50m is fuck all to worry your little head about.

What are your views on who we should be looking at?

Well if that’s the going rate it’s all relative so 50m is fuck all to worry your little head about.

What are your views on who we should be looking at?

Why would we spend money to replace someone who hasn't started a league game?

Wow, especially after the month he had, not sure whether to take you seriously.

The lad is 21, contracted until he's 26. He's got 15 goals in 30 appearances across all competitions with a goal every 108 minutes.

"Is Jesus as good as Messi?" Fuck sake, if that's the bar we're setting we better sell the whole squad.

Mbappe is a fantastic player but he is without a doubt playing against worse competition than Gabby. You're looking at 100m+ for Griezmann, 200m+ for Mbappe, and Messi isn't leaving Barca. We've shown in the last few transfer windows we don't want to meet the selling teams' demands, haggling the price down and in many cases, ultimately losing out on the player. You want us to try that with the most expensive players in the most expensive position?

I would be absolutely furious if we sold Gabby this summer.
Dong forget fella scoring against burton and Rotherham is ok but it’s not top tier teams . I’ll be honest with you I don’t think he is good enough to be our main striker. When Jesus came it was thought that by this time he should the clear first choice striker but in truth who would you rather play if it was a one game to win the title. I know kun gets the nod all the time. I wouldn’t sell Jesus as he is good back up

It'd be nice if we could actually identify and develop some talent, sub-£20m for a change; like Zabaleta and Kompany, or like Liverpool have with Joe Gomez and Robertson for circa £10m combined.

Last edited:
IMO...
Our biggest need is a replacement for Fernandinho - a box-to-box defensive mid with good passing skills, able to break up play without drawing too many fouls.

Next - we need a successor to Aguero - Jesus is OK at backup striker - (but who wouldn't score a ton of goals given our quality crosses?) - but he's not good enough to be the starting striker in a side striving to be world best.

The obvious bit of business we need to undertake is to find the replacement for Dihno, but i don't think it is a case of spending big bucks to do so.
We need to improve our scouting program and identify talent earlier, Pep should be able to mould the right player. Just look at the players that have been discussed as possible options over the last few years and how many of these would we take now?

Fred ?
Jorginho?
Sari?
Kovasic?
Pogba?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.