2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

My idea would be play Foden more as David Silva's fitness goes with age, and keep Gundogan who was excellent yesterday and these days plays well more often than not.

You're creating a problem where there isn't one. Gundogan plays most of his football at 6 now, he's not blocking Foden, Pep's blocking him because he feels rightly or wrongly that he's not ready for a bigger role.

Brooks has played in midfield in every Bournemouth game I’ve watched this season. He’s not a winger as you suggested in your previous post. You are making up positions as well as prices.

Your ideas re the original question posed by the thread topic?

Come on, I really can’t wait.

Brooks has played in midfield in every Bournemouth game I’ve watched this season. He’s not a winger as you suggested in your previous post. You are making up positions as well as prices.

Your ideas re the original question posed by the thread topic?

Come on, I really can’t wait.

Wait for what?

You’re plucking 50m from fresh air. Absolutely no evidence he’d cost anything like that. Convenient for your argument though.

The move would promote Foden to The Gundogan role which has to be a positive. Gundogan is ‘just decent’ nothing more. Foden needs games and had the potential to be anything but ‘just decent’ but can’t get a look in at the minute because Gundogan is a senior, international player.

Brooks would slot into the Foden role and he’d do so for the reasons I’ve already explained.

He wouldn’t cost 50m and the idea makes sense.

I’m not saying it’s the only option or the right one just that it’s a sensible one.

Enlighten me with your views on what we should be doing.

Gundogan always plays deeper than David Silva when both play, it is when Pep tries to make Gundogan play LIKE Silva that we get some issues. Gundogan has shown time and again his qualities that people on here refuse to see, he is great when playing deeper, and when played next to Dinho was fantastic dictating the play from deeper.

Foden would play higher up, so selling Gundogan does not give Foden more opportunities; resting David Silva does.

Gundogan always plays deeper than David Silva when both play, it is when Pep tries to make Gundogan play LIKE Silva that we get some issues. Gundogan has shown time and again his qualities that people on here refuse to see, he is great when playing deeper, and when played next to Dinho was fantastic dictating the play from deeper.

Foden would play higher up, so selling Gundogan does not give Foden more opportunities; resting David Silva does.

Nope.

Kev plays that role with aplomb.

Foden could play in midfield with either of the Silvas and/or Fern and Kev could drop into the role Gundogan usually plays.

Gundogan is a very good player and you are right the 2 Silva`s are keeping Foden out, but there is no pace in his game which shows in our possession % , the central spine of City from Aguero to Ederson lacks pace Leicester Palace and Liverpool in previous years exploited this and in this position Gundogan is the weakest link

IMO...
Our biggest need is a replacement for Fernandinho - a box-to-box defensive mid with good passing skills, able to break up play without drawing too many fouls.

Next - we need a successor to Aguero - Jesus is OK at backup striker - (but who wouldn't score a ton of goals given our quality crosses?) - but he's not good enough to be the starting striker in a side striving to be world best.

So Jesus is written off at 21 as a back up striker. Wow. Lunacy at its best.

So Jesus is written off at 21 as a back up striker. Wow. Lunacy at its best.
I haven't written him off - but I've grave doubts that he's a suitable replacement for Aguero - in a side that's striving to be world best.

GIve him another 2 years or so in our squad - and let's see. But for now... I'm skeptical.

I haven't written him off - but I've grave doubts that he's a suitable replacement for Aguero - in a side that's striving to be world best.

GIve him another 2 years or so in our squad - and let's see. But for now... I'm skeptical.

Jesus is the best young striker in the World and already one of the best in his position. Given a run of games he’s consistently proved it.

Jesus is the best young striker in the World and already one of the best in his position. Given a run of games he’s consistently proved it.
Have you heard of a bloke going by the name of MBappe?

Jesus is OK - he's playing in a squad that regularly lays it on a plate for any striker that gets into the box.

In a tight game where those crosses aren't going in - I do not think that Jesus - at this point in his career - is world class at single-handedly creating a scoring opportunity.

Whereas - Aguero is. Griezman is. MBappe is. Messi is. Aubameyang is. Higuain is. And so on and so on - but I've doubts that Jesus is.

Last edited:
Have you heard of a bloke going by the name of MBappe?

Jesus is OK - he's playing in a squad that regularly lays it on a plate for any striker that gets into the box.

In a tight game where those crosses aren't going in - I do not think that Jesus - at this point in his career - is world class at single-handedly creating a scoring opportunity.

Yes mate, I’ve heard of him. He plays in a Micky mouse league. I’ve no idea what he’d be like in England. I do find it funny though that you offer up a squad laying things on a plate as criticism of Jesus, are you saying PSG don’t set up Mbappe??

Jesus made his own goal vs Burnley in his last start..

Jesus is exceptional, he’s already a better all round striker than Aguero, he just lacks the guile, experience and explosiveness of Aguero. He’s certainly way ahead of where Aguero was at the same age.

We need a left back & cover for Fernandinho as well as an alternative to Fernandinho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.