2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Only opinion but I’d let Mendy go and bring in a left back - the lad at Napoli if we could get him. Don’t dislike Mendy but you can’t build a defence with a left back that rarely plays.
I’d let Zinchenko go and bring in a DM - probably one of the two at Lyon
Mangala will leave on a free. And I’d press on with what we have.
It is all opinion none of us know which way Pep will move, but i think he will trust his first team defense Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte and Mendy, the b team is where the real guess work starts, Muric is in and i would let Bravo go Danilois top quality buy i would still buy Bissaka even if it meant leaving him on loan for a year Kompany there is Sandler also Pep views Walker as an emergency back up Ottamendi again Pep sees Mendy as an emergency back up , so no change needed for the Center backs? but Zinkencho does need a change and that depends on how Pep sees Mendy and his fitness i would buy Henry a good young LB with a lot of potential but if Mendy is not fit then Ghoulam is a good shout but he is a first team choice, which way we move will say a lot about Mendy

It is all opinion none of us know which way Pep will move, but i think he will trust his first team defense Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte and Mendy, the b team is where the real guess work starts, Muric is in and i would let Bravo go Danilois top quality buy i would still buy Bissaka even if it meant leaving him on loan for a year Kompany there is Sandler also Pep views Walker as an emergency back up Ottamendi again Pep sees Mendy as an emergency back up , so no change needed for the Center backs? but Zinkencho does need a change and that depends on how Pep sees Mendy and his fitness i would buy Henry a good young LB with a lot of potential but if Mendy is not fit then Ghoulam is a good shout but he is a first team choice, which way we move will say a lot about Mendy

Agree with much of that... I rate Mendy just concerned re his fitness. Last year we were lucky - Delph did an excellent job but doesn’t seem to have replicated it this year. If Mendy is gonna miss 30 plus games a season we need one hell of a back up, and do we really want to be paying Mendy to lie on the treatment table and be a social media star.

Agree with much of that... I rate Mendy just concerned re his fitness. Last year we were lucky - Delph did an excellent job but doesn’t seem to have replicated it this year. If Mendy is gonna miss 30 plus games a season we need one hell of a back up, and do we really want to be paying Mendy to lie on the treatment table and be a social media star.
Yep what happens with Mendy will change who and where we buy

He wouldn’t be a starter.

Foden would step up into Gundogan’s role and Brooks would slot into Foden’s current role. A conveyor belt if you will.

Both Foden and Brooks are going to be some players.

Gundogan wouldn’t be missed.

I personally think we should be looking to sign a wide forward so we have 4 wingers/inside forwards and a rotation option for Fernandinho.
We have 5 am's for 2 positions and it doesn't make sense to sign another.

CB - Christensen (Chelsea), only if Otamendi wants to leave.
LB/LW - Sessegnon (Fulham)
DM - Weigl (Dortmund)

Last edited:
CB - Christensen (Chelsea), only if Otamendi wants to leave.
LB/LW - Sessegnon (Fulham)
DM - Weigl (Dortmund)

We should have got Weigl on loan until the end of the season with an option to buy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.