Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was shown live in every country in Europe including, I believe, Scotland. But not Ingerland because of the cup final replay.

A bit like now really, don't show or talk about our successes much and push us in the small columns of the tabloids unless it is a negative story. Media erasing.

Yes I remember Joe Mercer was a pundit for the original game and David Coleman (I think) said to Joe I'll see you for the replay and Joe said I don't think so I'll be at my own game thank you.

That seemed to change part way through, once the City match was a given (either that or I wasn't paying attention!).

Barcelona beating Lyon isn't really a story. Liverpool beating Bayern in Germany is far more of a story than City beating Schalke in England.

They still need clicks though, and a FC Ronaldo story will get more than City smashing Schalke. That it was from 2-0 and was a hat-trick from one of the most well-known players in the world made it all but inevitable.

i disagree. rule #1 in media - the more you make of a story or event, the more important that event becomes, and the opposite is true also.

the bbc (and other major media outlets) have the power to move the emphasis towards city if they so wish. they could easily have encouraging, eulogizing or positive words, graphics or descriptions of the play before the goals, upbeat information on the prospects for the team, show examples of how well they have played as a team, but also (especially) as individuals, just like they do with other lesser players from other teams. also they could be discussing/predicting/hypothesizing on the future role the team will play in the league, chumps league and european game in general, building up the excitement and anticipation. they could also be asking uncomfortable questions about why city staff struggle to make the team of the year or player of the year or manager of the year.

JUST LIKE THEY DO WITH OTHER TEAMS.

what the bbc do is they dont tell lies, this they are very careful about. they pervert the perspective to slant negative opinion towards the club. they DO do this, you can see it. a bbc number cruncher may say that city do not get the hits that other teams get, but that is because of their current reporting attitude of downgrading or belittling anything the club achieve or anything positive from the games or fans results in less interest for the information. they create the situation and then justify it as "thats how it is".

never would i believe a national broadcaster would ever behave in such a petty and detrimental way to a major sporting institution of Britain. there is an agenda and it makes my heart sad that they are depriving their readership (especially younger readers) of the excitement of our journey, due to the bbc's negative attitude many sports fans (at home and abroad) have chosen not come along for the ride. they have been tricked into hate rather than entertained.

I bow to your superior knowledge on this as just now I got a reply from some bloke from their complaints department saying pretty much that. Our reporters adhere to our policy of impartiality, our editors check everything before published, your not the only fan of a football team that has sent in a complaint about their football team's coverage blah, blah, f*cking blah! My problem was I avoid the BBC sports website like the plague as during the latter stages of the Aguero title win I found their coverage of it so pro Rag I never visited their site again until Tuesday night when at 5-0 I foolishly had a look and found it was all about Tranny and Juventus. It pissed me off no end and then I saw someone had left a link to their complaints department and went wading in with my chin held high. Walked right into their stock answer on general complaints and realised indeed that I was pissing into Monday nights wind. You live and learn and the next time I complain to the biased bastards I'll have the time, date and f*cking URL.Then again I probably won't as I don't plan on using something that it seems I'm legally bound to pay for. Smug arse covering tw*ts they are.
Also, and this isn't a criticism, just an observation, it will be much easier to read and perhaps reply to if you use paragraphs and line spaces.

Good luck though.

i disagree. rule #1 in media - the more you make of a story or event, the more important that event becomes, and the opposite is true also.

the bbc (and other major media outlets) have the power to move the emphasis towards city if they so wish. they could easily have encouraging, eulogizing or positive words, graphics or descriptions of the play before the goals, upbeat information on the prospects for the team, show examples of how well they have played as a team, but also (especially) as individuals, just like they do with other lesser players from other teams. also they could be discussing/predicting/hypothesizing on the future role the team will play in the league, chumps league and european game in general, building up the excitement and anticipation. they could also be asking uncomfortable questions about why city staff struggle to make the team of the year or player of the year or manager of the year.

what the bbc do is they dont tell lies, this they are very careful about. they pervert the perspective to slant negative opinion towards the club. they DO do this, you can see it. a bbc number cruncher may say that city do not get the hits that other teams get, but that is because of their current reporting attitude of downgrading or belittling anything the club achieve or anything positive from the games or fans results in less interest for the information. they create the situation and then justify it as "thats how it is".

never would i believe a national broadcaster would ever behave in such a petty and detrimental way to a major sporting institution of Britain. there is an agenda and it makes my heart sad that they are depriving their readership (especially younger readers) of the excitement of our journey, due to the bbc's negative attitude many sports fans (at home and abroad) have chosen not come along for the ride. they have been tricked into hate rather than entertained.

They do tell lies & they cover up lies then there are lies dressed up as mistakes but don’t think they aren’t lying twats.

Who is this vile piece of SHIT?
Matthew Syed.

Arrogant, self centered man who admitted to cheating to win when he played ping pong. Sucked the cock of team sky cycling. Defending them against their doping allegations at every opportunity until the jiffy bags in Parliament arrived.

As credible as Phil Jones winning worlds sexiest man.

I don't disagree with you on the larger set-up, but I think they are locked into a cycle and have no will to break out.

need clicks => article pro BigFanBase or anti BigFanBaseRival => get clicks => entrench BigFanBase more meaning only BigFanBase is viable for clicks.

It's self-perpetuating, and that is a problem.
Yes they could promote other causes, but I don't think there is much will there (and employing the Social Media Wonk from Utd is likely to entrench that). It seems quite clear that they have an arrangement to promote Utd stories in return for which they are fed Utd stories to promote.

There is still commercial pressure from the government oversight and fixation with value for money (and serving other media companies who want to limit the BBC). Some of the BBC output is dependent on degree of use of the websites, and that constrains what they can do - a big drop in clicks would lead to problems later.

The BBC report was on the game was weird.
It opened with a quick summary of the goals and then this, City, who came from behind in the first leg in Germany to win 3-2, were knocked out in the quarter-finals of last year's competition by Liverpool and have never won the Champions League. Then another summary of the action, praising City's play. Followed by, A number of elite clubs have already been knocked out - Paris St-Germain were outdone by an inspired Manchester United comeback and holders Real Madrid were stunned by Ajax at the Bernabeu. A list of the teams for the QFs, then...

Will Gundogan sign up?

Why's that in a match report?

Foden makes European history...............................
  • Foden is the youngest player to score for Manchester City in the Champions League (18 years and 288 days).
Not a lie but not the whole truth either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.