We're being spied on.....Help !!!!

I read a book called The Power of Habit and it had a story about how in the US, the shop Target got so good at tracking people's shopping habits that they could predict whether a woman was pregnant before she knew. It culminated in an angry father confronting a store manager about why his teenage daughter had been sent discount vouchers for baby things, only to embarrassingly find out later that she was in fact pregnant.

My favourite threads on this website are always from people saying things like "Why are there adverts for blow-up dolls on this website?" not realising that the adverts are personalized based on your browsing habits.

If these voice thingies that are being sold are part of some global spy/advertising drive then it's a win win for A
I read a book called The Power of Habit and it had a story about how in the US, the shop Target got so good at tracking people's shopping habits that they could predict whether a woman was pregnant before she knew. It culminated in an angry father confronting a store manager about why his teenage daughter had been sent discount vouchers for baby things, only to embarrassingly find out later that she was in fact pregnant.

My favourite threads on this website are always from people saying things like "Why are there adverts for blow-up dolls on this website?" not realising that the adverts are personalized based on your browsing habits.

The guilty ones know who they are they just don't want to admit it....that's what you're trying to say, isn't it.

There's a good video on YouTube somewhere where some bloke does a live video where he talks about random things, like dog food, and shows how it then begins appearing in his ads while browsing online.

Anything that you allow access to your microphone in app permissions could in theory be listening in. It's a creepy thing

Any techies out there that that can relieve my paranoia...... Yesterday we went into a local supermarket, we are away for the weekend and had forgotten to bring the dogs food with us. Stopped at a random supermarket and bought a random brand of dog food. A few hours later this same brand of dog food, one that we had never bought before popped up on the wifes facebook, her phone was off and in her bag. I can only assume that the till receipt is somehow linked into her phones GPS whatnot. Anyone got any ideas.......................
th

th

th

This was in The Sun last week:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8678640/proof-phones-listening-to-us/amp/

I’ve been keeping an eye on this topic. About 18 months ago the Mrs and I noticed we were being served ads for very specific/niche items we’d discussed in conversation but never searched for or even typed into our phones or laptops. The most recent one was last week, I was joking with the old man about putting him in a crap retirement home. An hour later I’m getting ads for retirement homes and communities (I’m 29, so I’m not getting these ads based on my profile, I’m at least 30 years off retirement).

The weird thing for me is that I don’t have Facebook and I don’t use any form of social media or social media app (and never have). Therefore the only way I could be being spied on is by Apple themselves, who then serve up ads based on conversations I’ve had via Safari, on GDN.
Clicking on that link led to a couple of adverts about a hotel in Iceland, where we stayed in February, and an armchair maker, the sort of chair I was looking for a couple of months ago.

Hmmmmm...

I was in a Builders merchant yard and I went to look at an advertising stand for for some type of "plastic" decking board. I loitered but did not purchase said item but within a day or two, I was getting adverts for the stuff over the net. All I had on me was my phone....
True story.
I must have walked into a Russian Church on the way home... because lots of fit Russian birds want to meet me!

Any techies out there that that can relieve my paranoia...... Yesterday we went into a local supermarket, we are away for the weekend and had forgotten to bring the dogs food with us. Stopped at a random supermarket and bought a random brand of dog food. A few hours later this same brand of dog food, one that we had never bought before popped up on the wifes facebook, her phone was off and in her bag. I can only assume that the till receipt is somehow linked into her phones GPS whatnot. Anyone got any ideas.......................
Loyalty card

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.