Anti depressants..

If anyone on here feels they would like to have a beer or just a chat with someone who can understand, even a little, of their state; i can always make time for that. I promise i am not as much as a twat as i appear to be :-D

Seriously, it is often easier to speak to a sympathetic ear who has no preconceived ideas about you. If you just need to get it out to someone, i always have time for that.

Lovely work TC, well done mate.

I’ve been put on Escitalopram, an SSRI, and Abilify, which is an antipsychotic. :s

Whilst I do feel a bit more connected to those around me on Abilify, it’s making my ADHD worse and Escitalopram has predictably made me rather numb and apathetic.
I haven't been following but I remember you talking about changing your diet and getting healthy (I think it was you, keto right?). How's all that going and also did that have any positive effects in any way?

I haven't been following but I remember you talking about changing your diet and getting healthy (I think it was you, keto right?). How's all that going and also did that have any positive effects in any way?

I vowed to try the Ketogenic diet at the start of the new year but I caved in to carbs after day 3. :(

If I can sort my mental health out, I might try it again.

You are all fucked. Stay strong ; )
I should be still taking Paroxatine but the panic attacks and pain are worth going through. Rather than being a zombie to an SSRI. I lost 2yrs of my life on Seroxat.

After divulging that I had purchased a rope to the crisis team, I was detained under section 5.2 of the mental health act on Saturday. :s

Curiously, the ward’s head clinician doesn’t believe I’m depressed and/or anxious and I should be discharged on Monday assuming I engage more in communal activities and don’t do anything reckless.

I hate living with chronic brain fog and the worst working memory in the world. It’s almost impossible for me to function in society and there’s the growing fear that I will forever be dependent on my mother. I turn 29 next month yet I haven’t shown many signs of growing up. :(

After divulging that I had purchased a rope to the crisis team, I was detained under section 5.2 of the mental health act on Saturday. :s

Curiously, the ward’s head clinician doesn’t believe I’m depressed and/or anxious and I should be discharged on Monday assuming I engage more in communal activities and don’t do anything reckless.

I hate living with chronic brain fog and the worst working memory in the world. It’s almost impossible for me to function in society and there’s the growing fear that I will forever be dependent on my mother. I turn 29 next month yet I haven’t shown many signs of growing up. :(
That's a set back hun,i hope that moment has passed now,do they have your notes from your other drs? if not ask them to get them sent over,i don't know what to say really but hang on in there x

Dumped Mirtazapine after being diagnosed with fatty liver. Great drug - Just don't eat carbs.

(BTW Mirtazapine will almost certainly give you an uncontrollable urge for pastry, white bread, and chocolate.)

I don't even bother telling the doctor half the time because they just fuck it up. I've started much higher doses of lamotragine and that seems... ok. Things quitened down a bit. Cracked my coccxyc and despite me having a long history of mildly abusing prescription drugs, after the briefest of phone chats, the doc was kind enough to send me 100 (one hundred) 30mg codeine pills. But heaven forbid I ask for any tranquilisers or Antipsychotics or other anti-depressants.. pretty much anything at all. She's given me heart pills, proton pump inhibitors, more antidepressants... every script has about eight items on it and I only want two.

Jesus, reading about diets - lo carb diets tend to make me incredibly sleepy and weak during the day. I've no real choice now but to lose weight but hells fucking bells anything below 2200 calories, anything really low on carbs, kicks me in the balls. Hot/cold flushes, nausea, flu-like stuff. And yeah, I feel like my head is actually asleep for most of the day. Take it steady. I've bounced in and out of carb-free eating before and I think it may have made me worse. My advice would be to cut down at every opportunity, preferably no more than 40g carbs per meal. In between that, you can still eat apples, the odd bag of crisps. A bar of green and blacks 85% cocoa chocolate is totally doable. Just don't binge on the fruit, bread, sugar stuff. Every sudden change of carb and sugar intake levels puts a whole lot of stress on your system. Good luck lad.

Last edited by a moderator:
God, I love Sertraline, it's been completely life changing for me.

A good 6 months of unreliable hard-ons and even now you couldn't hang a towel on it but the benefits it's brought has been completely worth it

I got rid of sertraline and went on to Citalopram.

Was on 200 MG of Sertraline.

Now im trying to stay on 10 mg of C but your right its playing havoc with the old fella

I was on citalopram, ranging from 10-30mg per day for around 18 months. Decided to come off them as I felt I'd come a long way in my healing, and felt they were quashing my personality by masking a lot of feelings.

Could fuck the Mrs for about 2 hours straight on them though, really reduces the feeling and sensitivity down below.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.