Sri Lanka Easter Sunday Bomb Blasts

It is a fair question, What other religions use suicide bombers?
Not bombers per se, but the Japanese of course used kamakaze and other forms of suicide attacks during the second world war. I think that qualifies, given that their brand of ideology was very much a religious one; they believed their Emporer was a deity and that they would be divinely rewarded for their actions - a set of beliefs and culture that was underpinned by Shintoism.

It's no coincidence that it's the same branch of Islam inspiring all this evil and generalising it to 'religion' is a cop out. I'm really not sure what can be done to guard society from it other than to have a presumption that people of this branch shouldn't be let into the country because of their extreme beliefs and the potential for that to become extreme action, and maybe stop financing the teaching of it in British schools. Obviously, it'd have to be done in a tactful way but without doing it, you leave yourself open to many more attacks like this because the reality is - as the security services have admitted, they are extremely devastating and extremely difficult to stop.

It's no coincidence that it's the same branch of Islam inspiring all this evil and generalising it to 'religion' is a cop out. I'm really not sure what can be done to guard society from it other than to have a presumption that people of this branch shouldn't be let into the country because of their extreme beliefs and the potential for that to become extreme action, and maybe stop financing the teaching of it in British schools. Obviously, it'd have to be done in a tactful way but without doing it, you leave yourself open to many more attacks like this because the reality is - as the security services have admitted, they are extremely devastating and extremely difficult to stop.

Go back 100 years and take the House of Saud out. That way they don’t go on and try and strengthen their hold on power by spreading their warped Wahhabi religion throughout the country, region and world.

I’d be incredibly interested to understand how you think your post and link contradicts my post.

That’s if you believe it does, you’ve simply posted a link and not given any of your own thoughts or even a reason why you posted it. As usual.
No reason mate. I was just surprised there were Buddhist terrorists and thought you might be.
Perhaps if you didn't expect me to 'contradict' you then you might have been interested? xx

Not bombers per se, but the Japanese of course used kamakaze and other forms of suicide attacks during the second world war. I think that qualifies, given that their brand of ideology was very much a religious one; they believed their Emporer was a deity and that they would be divinely rewarded for their actions - a set of beliefs and culture that was underpinned by Shintoism.
And when was the last they carried out suicide terrorist attack on innocents not on enemy soldiers.

And when was the last they carried out suicide terrorist attack on innocents not on enemy soldiers.
Maybe not suicide attacks, but certainly other atrocities, as most people of the senior generation across South East Asia will testify. And those atrocities were carried out for, and because of, a deep religious belief and the deification of their leader.

Besides, my reply was merely to offer another example of a religion that has used suicide attacks (i.e. other than Islam); it's not about arguing which is 'worse'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.