Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're confusing two issues here:
Firstly it's ok to purchase two Seasoncards as long as one is for yourself and the other is for someone in your F&F. It is also OK to allow another person known to you to use your Seasoncard if you're unable to but you should notify the Club in writing first, though I'm sure the Club turn a blind eye to this. Secondly, all away tickets fall under different rules/law and only the Purchaser of the ticket may use that ticket; where you buy a ticket for those on your F&F list this is fine as long as only the person in whose name it was bought for uses it.
Why doesn’t that rule apply to corporate tickets?

So, after 207 pages it's clear that no solution will satisfy everyone but we'll probably carry on arguing about it. ;-)
City will do whatever they want anyway mate, if club employee's are flogging their tickets(which is near certain) to make a buttie out of it, fuckall will happen, you've got the City Matters group which is heavily occupied by supporter club reps, including the top dog, uncle Kev, so theirs no chance their creamed off alloaction is going to decrease. And then the shitstorm of corporate.

So yes, we will just go round in circles arguing.

I have built up my points total over the years by, up to 4 yrs ago, going to every game I could, home, away & overseas. When I was taken ill 4 yrs ago I had to curtail my match going, especially to Euro aways. I now have to restrict my PL away games so pick & choose.
It appears that this might be frowned on in some circles.

I am not & never have been, a points ‘whore’. This Christmas I was away in Canada & missed 4 home matches. I wrote to the club & asked if I could upgrade my ticket so a friend could use it. Apart from that every point I have I have earned. Therefore I think that gives me the right to pick & choose which away games I go to, when I have enough points to buy them! I’m going to Burnley tomorrow & I have a ticket for Brighton.

I apologise to those who may feel that I shouldn’t because I haven’t attended very many away games this season but that is the way the cookie crumbled!

Next season I’ll be falling down the pecking order because I’ll probably go to even less away games but that is life I’m afraid.

When I was ill my seat was empty! Sorry about that.........

It’s obvious what needs to be done, it’s just that nobody will do it

I have built up my points total over the years by, up to 4 yrs ago, going to every game I could, home, away & overseas. When I was taken ill 4 yrs ago I had to curtail my match going, especially to Euro aways. I now have to restrict my PL away games so pick & choose.

I am not & never have been, a points ‘whore’. This Christmas I was away in Canada & missed 4 home matches. I wrote to the club & asked if I could upgrade my ticket so a friend could use it. Apart from that every point I have I have earned. Therefore I think that gives me the right to pick & choose which away games I go to, when I have enough points to buy them! I’m going to Burnley tomorrow & I have a ticket for Brighton.

I apologise to those who may feel that I shouldn’t because I haven’t attended very many away games this season but that is the way the cookie crumbled!

Next season I’ll be falling down the pecking order because I’ll probably go to even less away games but that is life I’m afraid.

Think you have misunderstood people on here. The gripe isn’t those who have the points, it’s the corporates jumping the queue, it’s ticket office employees taking tickets out someone’s allocation and illegally selling them on for vastly inflated sums to anyone who will pay, it’s resellers with and possibly without club authorisation selling on away tickets to anyone includ8ng home fans, it’s supporter branches abusing the system and it’s about those fans like you who have earned the points by doing the hard yards unable to get away tickets due to all the abuses yet this is the allocation that is getting less and less

Eccles I really don't think anyone is calling high pointers on picking games when they don't buy tickets for games they can not go to, I think the assumption is that the games they don't want to/ can't go to, they buy the tickets to pass them on which is obviously not the case with you.

I'm in a similar position, slowly slipping down the ranks and accept I won't be able to pick and chose because people catch up / over take which is fine, and that is why I think the points system is fair.

What's not fair is the % going to non points holders but that's not going to improve.

I don’t think anyone would have an issue with someone who had the points to go to pick and choose their games at all.

I think people do have an issue with those who either:
  • Want to change the system so that they can pick and choose games they don’t have points over the people who do have the points.
  • Or those that buy into the corporate dream so that they also can pick and choose the games they want to go to above those with the points.
You fall into neither of those categories as you have the points, built up on your own by buying your own tickets and going to games. You have every right to pick and choose your games as you have the points for them.

The club allows it for friends and family actually, which is exactly what I was on about:

7.2. A Seasoncard may be used by / transferred to another individual in the following circumstances:

a. a Purchaser purchases a Seasoncard on behalf of another person where the purchaser and nominated individual are on each other’s “Friend and Family” list or Seasoncard Account Management List (and such individual is identified as the Seasoncard Holder at the point of purchase), provided the Purchaser also purchases and retains a Seasoncard for his own personal use;

b. if a Seasoncard Holder is unable to attend a Match, that Seasoncard Holder may temporarily allow a person who i known to them (a “Guest”) to use their Seasoncard to allow that Guest to attend such Match,

the club may want notifying in writing in their terms , but not interested in reality if you try to do this, it is similar to the "take your seats an hour before" or " away tickers dispatched 2/3 weeks before the game".

If you don't understand the primacy of the FA in football, and how setting a persuasive interpretation of the law is relevant, that is a whole different issue. You can't see more than one point of view and and clearly there are circumstances were transferring tickets isn't illegal for MCFC and the FA. Therefore is Friends and Family on your list before the season are okay for season ticket transfers, they should be for away tickets. Not everyone goes on their own.

I understand the point you're making but home tickets aren't the issue. If you buy a seasoncard it's yours, at the club's discretion and subject to observing their terms and conditions. Now we know that no one ever writes to the club when they're taking someone else other than the person named on the ticket but technically you are breaking the law. However that's akin to driving in a 30mph limit at 31mph. You're highly unlikely to get prosecuted. I'm not defending the legislation about reselling of football tickets by the way. It should apply to all tickets rather than solely criminalise football fans.

When you use the points on that card to buy an away ticket, that's completely different. The club is acting as an agent for the issuing club so the selling club's regulations apply, not City's. You can't use City's T&C's to support reselling an away ticket because it's not covered by those. It's like trying to use Marks & Spencer's returns policy at Debenhams, just because the item you bought at M&S is also sold by Debenhams. So I don't accept that argument in any way.

But I do accept that people buy away tickets who genuinely find they subsequently can't use them. If that's within the 7-day returns window then I think most would agree that it's acceptable to pass the ticket on as the choice is between doing that and not using it. But there's a huge difference between that and buying an away ticket knowing that the person named on the card isn't going to be the one using it, whether they're on your F&F list or not. That's abusing the system.

Let's say you've got a seasoncard and a member of your family - parent, child, brother, etc - has one but they never or rarely do away games. But that ticket has 20k points because you regularly use it to buy a ticket for someone who only has 5k points or isn't even a seasoncard holder then that is simply wrong. You can't defend the points system and say all tickets should be distributed via loyalty points then simultaneously support something that is the antithesis of the points system. That's hypocrisy of the highest order and I'm surprised at you for suggesting it. You simply can't have it both ways to suit yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.