Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. People may not like the system and I can understand that but it's surely not too hard to understand that, under the current system, 3 different pots of tickets get distributed in three different ways.

That is clearly the case but it doesn't mean it is right or can't be challenged. As the representative for seasoncard holders surely your brief should be to try to improve things for this group of supporters? There seems to be an acceptance that how tickets are distributed currently is set in stone and that allocations to supporters clubs and corporate cannot be reduced so the only issue is how to allocate the 60% that currently goes to loyalty points.

That is clearly the case but it doesn't mean it is right or can't be challenged. As the representative for seasoncard holders surely your brief should be to try to improve things for this group of supporters? There seems to be an acceptance that how tickets are distributed currently is set in stone and that allocations to supporters clubs and corporate cannot be reduced so the only issue is how to allocate the 60% that currently goes to loyalty points.

Well obviously the Club can choose how it allocates to various groups and can modify the allocations (and has changed them substantially in the recent past by reducing the allocation via Loyalty Points from 80% to 60%). Perhaps we should lobby for that decision to be reversed?!

Well obviously the Club can choose how it allocates to various groups and can modify the allocations (and has changed them substantially in the recent past by reducing the allocation via Loyalty Points from 80% to 60%). Perhaps we should lobby for that decision to be reversed?!
Yep. Let's get an away supporter rep on City Matters.

Not breaking rules does not mean it's not an abuse of the system.
But the point I'm making that people don't seem to understand is that it IS the system. The OSC are allocated a percentage of tickets and they decide whci hbranches get them and how many each get. The branch then decides how to distribute the tickets they've been allocated. They aren't abusing the system, it's their allocation and down to them what they do with those tickets. I fully accept that people may feel affronted that someone paying £15k a season for the Tunnel Club or branch members with less points than seasoncard holders who missed out on Brighton or Burnley tickets will be going to those games but that's the system as it stands.

I'll tell you that at the last Ticketing Working Group meeting we had, just before the Cardiff game, I made an impassioned plea for the club to look at the whole ticketing process afresh, starting with a blank piece of paper. Tinkering rarely works where the external environment changes signifcantly and we have to look at the longer term. We are successful, away ticket prices are capped, our fan demographic is largely at the older end of the age spectrum, our pricing is completely without rhyme or reason, we have significant numbers of no-shows, particularly when the TV companies move game like the Leicester one at short notice, the points system may no longer be fit for purpose, etc, etc.

There's very little in the current system that can't be improved in my opinion, so I'm certainly not arguing for the status quo. But while it is what it is there's no point in trying to apply the same rationale to the three different ticketing ecosystems that exist side-by-side.They don't live by the same rules, just like fish, land-based animals and birds don't.

But, to get back to my original point a few posts ago, you absolutely can't argue that it's iniquitous that branch members with fewer points get tickets while simultaneously arguing that you should be able to transfer tickets earned on other people's points to seasoncard holders with fewer points.

So the system is the system and we shouldn’t argue about it.
None of us are deemed to be allowed an opinion about other groups abusing the system because someone in your group has abused the system.

Someone’s taking the piss with their condescending response to genuine concerns.

Meanwhile ordinary joe’s are going to possibly subjected to harsher terms than others to obtain tickets.

All’s fair until it’s shown not to be fair. Then some one tells you to doff your cap and accept you are unworthy whilst accepting others do as they please and take the shit sandwich and shut the fuck up moaning.

Surely it can’t be someone in a SC defending their use of tickets whilst pissing on those who believe it to be wrong.

Yeah right.

Now back to the next episode of GoT

I think anyone who drinks dark fruits should be disqualified from eligibility ;-)

There problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.