Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we all know that members of branches who don’t have the required points are given the tickets and that is an abuse of the system.
I clearly need to post this in capital letters.

THERE. IS. NO. REQUIREMENT. FOR. BRANCHES. TO. ALLOCATE. TICKETS. BASED. ON. POINTS.

THEY. AREN'T. BREAKING. ANY. RULES.

How stupid do you have to be not to understand this?

Because we all know that members of branches who don’t have the required points are given the tickets and that is an abuse of the system.
No it isn't mate branches receive a small allocation from the club to offer members usually younger members who have a supporter number and travel on the coach other members with enough points get their own, when I say small allocation we got the 35 we asked for for semi final funnily enough. But for the likes of Burnley and Brighton its single figures.

No quite Supporters Club branches receive an allocation from the club as they always have call it Granddad rights the allocation per branch is quite small except for games that struggle to sell out ie the semi final, they then give them to members via a supporters number. Members on high points get their own whats wrong with that.
Grandad rights apply to SC's I have no problem with that, why don't they also apply to independent supporters on points too? (Arguement here is one where tickets are being split three/four ways (Club/Corporate) rather than 2, SC's and points holders.)
Also it's not really fair that an SC says "We have 100 members we want 50 tickets" hoping to get a tenth of what they ask for, knowing they have 25 of that hundred who will qualify, and are encouraged to apply for, tickets in their own right, based on points.
As I say my problem is tickets going to those that can afford hospitality packages for home games (corporate) not the SC's getting an allocation. Problem is a 2 way split is now a 4 way split and about to become a 5 or 6 way split (Incl 18-25 Yr ballot). How much will the Thos Cook trips next year cost if you're guaranteed a ticket. I'd guess comparably, far more than one of Spikes trips.

THERE. IS. NO. REQUIREMENT. FOR. BRANCHES. TO. ALLOCATE. TICKETS. BASED. ON. POINTS.

Stupid enough to have voted for you. You've misled everyone and despite the fact the threads one common agreement is that the 60% needs to increase, you won't address it

You're not a mod anymore so you can't quite delete and change the narrative as it suits

Anyone supporting you still is a fool

No need to shout and as I was, I think, educated at the same school as you I consider myself pretty intelligent as you probably do yourself. I, with many others, was under the impression that the opposite is meant to happen, obviously this isn’t the case.

Grandad rights apply to SC's I have no problem with that, why don't they also apply to independent supporters on points too? (Arguement here is one where tickets are being split three/four ways (Club/Corporate) rather than 2, SC's and points holders.)
Also it's not really fair that an SC says "We have 100 members we want 50 tickets" hoping to get a tenth of what they ask for, knowing they have 25 of that hundred who will qualify, and are encouraged to apply for, tickets in their own right, based on points.
As I say my problem is tickets going to those that can afford hospitality packages for home games (corporate) not the SC's getting an allocation. Problem is a 2 way split is now a 4 way split and about to become a 5 or 6 way split (Incl 18-25 Yr ballot). How much will the Thos Cook trips next year cost if you're guaranteed a ticket. I'd guess comparably, far more than one of Spikes trips.
I agree with you mate but we're never going to win the corporate argument its the money talks thing. I'm pretty sure the club ie players and staff have always took some form of allocation.

I understand the point you're making but home tickets aren't the issue. If you buy a seasoncard it's yours, at the club's discretion and subject to observing their terms and conditions. Now we know that no one ever writes to the club when they're taking someone else other than the person named on the ticket but technically you are breaking the law. However that's akin to driving in a 30mph limit at 31mph. You're highly unlikely to get prosecuted. I'm not defending the legislation about reselling of football tickets by the way. It should apply to all tickets rather than solely criminalise football fans.

When you use the points on that card to buy an away ticket, that's completely different. The club is acting as an agent for the issuing club so the selling club's regulations apply, not City's. You can't use City's T&C's to support reselling an away ticket because it's not covered by those. It's like trying to use Marks & Spencer's returns policy at Debenhams, just because the item you bought at M&S is also sold by Debenhams. So I don't accept that argument in any way.

But I do accept that people buy away tickets who genuinely find they subsequently can't use them. If that's within the 7-day returns window then I think most would agree that it's acceptable to pass the ticket on as the choice is between doing that and not using it. But there's a huge difference between that and buying an away ticket knowing that the person named on the card isn't going to be the one using it, whether they're on your F&F list or not. That's abusing the system.

Let's say you've got a seasoncard and a member of your family - parent, child, brother, etc - has one but they never or rarely do away games. But that ticket has 20k points because you regularly use it to buy a ticket for someone who only has 5k points or isn't even a seasoncard holder then that is simply wrong. You can't defend the points system and say all tickets should be distributed via loyalty points then simultaneously support something that is the antithesis of the points system. That's hypocrisy of the highest order and I'm surprised at you for suggesting it. You simply can't have it both ways to suit yourself.

But less of that goes on (admittedly some) v corporate away ticket whoring as these people (or very few of them) actually have the points to buy the tickets in the first place and supporters clubs distributing tickets to people aren’t actually entitled to them.....Fact

I agree with you mate but we're never going to win the corporate argument its the money talks thing. I'm pretty sure the club ie players and staff have always took some form of allocation.
That's the arguement we need to win though. We've been divided and everyone is having a go about half a dozen different things, which are valid, but the biggy is the corporate/club %. I personally do not believe they have a set % allocation. I think they get the bulk of what they ask for the rest goes to SC/points and that's why normal fans are getting squeezed out.

Not breaking rules does not mean it's not an abuse of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.