UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I remember rightly or not , that after the Bosman ruling, uefa were told that the ‘football is different’ argument was not going to be accepted and that they were not above the rule of law, just because they thought that they were?

You remember perfectly. The ECJ were more than a little irritated when told that the matter was no business of the courts and that UEFA was the competent body on football matters. They were told in no uncertain terms that any cases referred to them would be decided according to the law and not to UEFA's views on what constituted the best interests of football. The argument that the court then made a "sporting exception" to allow a transfer market is also without foundation - the court simply decreed that a player could be made to honour his contract for its duration but that he became a free agent when it expired.

Hi,

Please don't ban me as this is my first post and I'm just interested to get some answers. I came on here this morning as obviously we've all seen the news and I wanted to gauge what the average City fans reaction is.

Now (here comes the part where I fear I'll be banned) it seems that looking at the club from the outside there's obvious "financial doping" going on. I can't see how City could have achieved this much success in such a short space of time without it.

So, I am just wondering where the thoughts that UEFA have an agenda against City are coming from? I understand the opinion that FFP caters to the established big teams and ensures that they remain that way, but aside from that, I can't see what other reason there is to be angry? Surely UEFA are investigating/bringing charges for a reason other than they just don't like City.

They wouldn't just be looking into the club for no reason either, right? There's no smoke without fire & all that?

Apologies for signing up just to ask a simple questions but I know no City fans personally and there's no chance of getting sense out of anyone on Twitter etc

Even breaking it down to the most simple terms, as I (the average, not massively invested football fan) see it, City agreed to play by certain rules and have essentially broken or attempted to break those rules. Is this correct?

Again, please don't ban me for this. I'm just a confused neutral with no idea what's going on!

Thanks
Explain what you mean by 'Financial Doping'?

Hi,

Please don't ban me as this is my first post and I'm just interested to get some answers. I came on here this morning as obviously we've all seen the news and I wanted to gauge what the average City fans reaction is.

Now (here comes the part where I fear I'll be banned) it seems that looking at the club from the outside there's obvious "financial doping" going on. I can't see how City could have achieved this much success in such a short space of time without it.

So, I am just wondering where the thoughts that UEFA have an agenda against City are coming from? I understand the opinion that FFP caters to the established big teams and ensures that they remain that way, but aside from that, I can't see what other reason there is to be angry? Surely UEFA are investigating/bringing charges for a reason other than they just don't like City.

They wouldn't just be looking into the club for no reason either, right? There's no smoke without fire & all that?

Apologies for signing up just to ask a simple questions but I know no City fans personally and there's no chance of getting sense out of anyone on Twitter etc

Even breaking it down to the most simple terms, as I (the average, not massively invested football fan) see it, City agreed to play by certain rules and have essentially broken or attempted to break those rules. Is this correct?

Again, please don't ban me for this. I'm just a confused neutral with no idea what's going on!

Thanks

Please explain what you think financial doping is. It is such a vague phrase that I am not sure we can have a sensible discussion until we know what you mean by that.

It is not a phrase you will find within any UEFA regulations.

EDIT: **nods to Groke**

What I mean by "financial doping" is that, from looking from the outside it would seem that the club has been spending disproportionately relative to it's earnings over the last 10 years or so. As I said I'm not particularly clued up on this and was just looking for some answers from sensible people who are interested in actually discussing the topic rather than throwing out childish insults. I should have known better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Thanks

If you read through the thread (and other threads on the site), there is plenty material to joyfully digest.

That is if you are genuinely interested.

Who do you support?

Hi,

Thanks
Where are you from and who do you support?

Hi,

Thanks
Financial doping is where you're punished for what every other big club pre-2008 have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.