The Boxing thread

WBC have ordered a Fury vs Whyte match with the winner to become mandatory challenger to Wilder.

Somehow I suspect this won't happen.
Would be a good fight that but i’m baffled as to why Whyte should have to fight Fury. Is this the deal that Hearn said was unacceptable?

Not been a good few months for Matchroom. The ongoing saga of AJ's fights, Whyte stuck in no man's land, Ritson, Cheeseman, Gil and Fowler all losing.

Not been a good few months for Matchroom. The ongoing saga of AJ's fights, Whyte stuck in no man's land, Ritson, Cheeseman, Gil and Fowler all losing.

I wouldnt be too worried about Matchroom. Fast Eddie is in the US and he has his fighters there that he is trying to build too. All you named can all come back. He has signed some decent fighters TJ Doheny well if Hearn is looking to build a fighter Doheny too looks like a fighter that will go in with anyone and fight and be in competitive fights. Rather than having Doheny in with Roman in Romans home town would of liked to see that in a neutral US city. TJ is a classy fighter Hearn sadly didnt do TJ a good deal in that fight but hopefully Hearn can get him something in the future.

I feel the Heavyweight that will never be sorted. The only way i see it happening is a Ali Championship having the Wilder , AJ , Fury and a few others all fighting in that because they wont fight any time soon with them all on rival tv stations. Lots of fights to be made and generally this time of the year there is tending to be a bit of a lull in the big fights but i expect a few of Hearns fighters to be getting back into the ring sooner than later and see what they are made of.

Also heard that Ryan Burnett left Matchroom for Top Rank I think it was. His fight this coming Friday is on Youtube and ESPN in the US. The main undercard fight is ok Marco McCullough v Declain Geraghty its a all Ireland clash so there always good to watch.

Am currently at the WBSS show in Glasgow. Inoue has just demolished a decent, previously unbeaten opponent. Awesome power this lad.
Awaiting Josh Taylor v Baranchyk who I think might cause an upset.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.