Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree on the penalty- it wasn’t what I would call stone wall but there was certainly enough contact. As soon as we had the equaliser the game was only ending one way if it went into extra time. We didn’t play well and Swansea probably deserved something but good teams find a way to win.

Not sure what your point is regarding Watford. We gave them their best chance when Zinchenko fluffed his lines and their finishing was woeful. The incident you refer to was in our half when the ref didn’t play the advantage- but you’re clutching at straws if you think that was a potential chance. Would any of this made a difference? I very much doubt it.

You come on here telling us how we got lucky but you got to the Champions league semi final with some dubious decisions - and that was using VAR technology. The miss-use of VAR thar evening and the incompetence of the officials ultimately cost us and Spurs got lucky.

I wish you all the luck in the world against the Dippers but it sounds to me like your coming on here doing a bit of subtle wumming while we’re celebrating

Can't agree with you about the VAR decisions in the QF. But I don't want to get into that discussion here and now.

As you say, this is a time for all of you to deservedly celebrate a magnificent, unprecedented achievement.

As a regular visitor here, I'm quite enjoying this rare Spurs love-in. I know that it won't last beyond the next couple of weeks - especially if we lose in Madrid! So how about it, Wotspur? Get into the spirit of it! This is the place to vent about Liverpool, not City.

Fucking nuts ain’t it, if I was a Spurs fan and they’d got to a champions league final I wouldn’t give a fuck about what every other team is up to.
He's just resorting to a bit of whataboutery because in the back of his mind he knows the truth that it was a dodgy decision that got them there. As far as we are concerned that is fine, it's football, shit happens from time to time. We've gotten over it, mainly because we've won everything else and we're enjoying our success this season, he needs to get over it and enjoy their moment for what is and give us some credit for the fact that even as the aggrieved losers in that tie, we are on their side and are willing them to win it.

He's just resorting to a bit of whataboutery because in the back of his mind he knows the truth that it was a dodgy decision that got them there. As far as we are concerned that is fine, it's football, shit happens from time to time. We've gotten over it, mainly because we've won everything else and we're enjoying our success this season, he needs to get over it and enjoy their moment for what is and give us some credit for the fact that even as the aggrieved losers in that tie, we are on their side and are willing them to win it.

Remember Clattenberg’s brain fart to give a penalty against Sterling a couple of seasons back. Plus Walker’s blatant push on Sterling, Spurs can talk.

Sorry but Swansea were 2-0 up in the first half , then you scored in the 69th minute . The penalty was in the 78th minute , it was a terrible decision that Swansea would never have got , and as for the offside in the 88th minute .
Anyway Yesterday was very impressive .
Watford needed a break , and they didn’t get it when Kevin Friend , pulled back an attacking phase, but didn’t book your player , and they needed to have taken their only real chance when 2 on 1 and your goalie made a great save
Sorry but nothing mate. You're talking like City were getting battered which is laughable levels of bitter spin. I wasn't denying they were both wrong calls, only that the idea that City would definitely have lost without them is utter bullshit pushed by our biased media.

There was nothing wrong with Bernardos goal, as soon as that goal went in the game started to change(we were poor up until that point by our own standards), everyone who isn't a bitter would concede that.

They were only 1 goal in front when the penalty came and that WAS all that City needed(you cannot argue with either of these facts, your whole post seems an effort to dance around them) to force it into extra time and finish them off and the goal was always coming with 21minutes of normal time left. Their keeper pulled off two even better saves at 2-2(83rd minute), tipping a Jesus header onto the post and stopping a close range shot from Aguero from the rebound, which I believe was the one he took off Jesus's boot from a better position to score(quote from the match commentary "How are city not infront?")... but you wont remember that will you? ;)

Last edited:
Can't agree with you about the VAR decisions in the QF. But I don't want to get into that discussion here and now.

As you say, this is a time for all of you to deservedly celebrate a magnificent, unprecedented achievement.

As a regular visitor here, I'm quite enjoying this rare Spurs love-in. I know that it won't last beyond the next couple of weeks - especially if we lose in Madrid! So how about it, Wotspur? Get into the spirit of it! This is the place to vent about Liverpool, not City.

That is my point JimB we are in a celebratory mood and we don’t need Spuds fans coming on here telling us how lucky we were to get to the final in the first place. We’ll have to agree to disagree on the quarter final - my criticism is more about how the decisions were made on the field.

I have already got Chas and Dave on my playlist.

That is my point JimB we are in a celebratory mood and we don’t need Spuds fans coming on here telling us how lucky we were to get to the final in the first place. We’ll have to agree to disagree on the quarter final - my criticism is more about how the decisions were made on the field.

I have already got Chas and Dave on my playlist.

How about Hoddle and Waddle ‘Diamond Lights’?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.