Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

Happy for him.

So, Kompany goes to Anderlecht for three years. Pep stays here until 2022. Arteta takes over and Vinny comes back as his assistant.

It's Anderlecht. Besides that a great solution. He is not staying in the pl is all I care for. Would be weird seeing him playing for another team in this league.

I'd imagine Troy 'I'm gonna rough Kompany up' Deeny is pleased with this announcement.

Kompany2-jpg-1638494.jpg

This bit has me choked: "This is no goodbye. It’s a see you later."

It is the measure of the man he posted his decision on Facebook in 2 parts. The first a message to City fans so we could digest the news of his leaving and his tribute and feeling that he has for the club, the players, the owners and most of all the fans. The second part is how he came to be appointed player-manager at Anderlecht and his excitement about the coming challenge. Total integrity for VK. I'm not sure we've seen his like before and maybe we won't again in my lifetime in how someone so exceptional on the pitch understands how to conduct himself so well off it.

Three years to train up and then take over from Pep, with Zaba at his side what could go wrong with that scenario :)

This is not a goodbye it’s a see you later

3 years at Anderlecht.. 3 more years of pep

Perfect symmetry

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.