Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

One of our greatest ever players.
Would have a starting place in the MCFC all time first 11 for sure.
A true gentleman to boot.
Thank you Vincent and see you back here soon.

It’s a great opportunity for him. As I’ve said earlier in this I’m gutted to see him leave but he is ambitious and deserves this new challenge. To leave off the back of those last 3 games is fairytale stuff.

I’m not joking when I say this?? It feels like a bereavement!! Crazy I know but feel like I’ve lost a part of me right now

Feel the same , like a death in the family , which i can't get my head round how can a mere football player have this effect , but Vinnie was no normal football player for this club , he lived and breathed MCFC and the city and will be sorely missed

It's the right decision that Vinny had taken both for himself and HIS club.

He knows he could have been selfish and stayed another year, playing a few games and kicking up the wedge.

It is a mark of both the man and the love he has for City, that he left his ego at the door for good of his remaining years and our progression.

He goes out like a great should, on his shield, fighting with his last breath until the day was won.

There is not better way to stride into the sunset.

This is not goodbye, this is a ta-ra for now.

We look forward to giving you a proper send off in September.

Thank you for everything. Our captain for the ages.

Firmly believe that he'll be managing this club one day.

Who knows, if he proves himself at Anderlecht, it could be perfect timing for him to take the mantle after Pep.

As he said, this isnt goodbye and I'm sure he still has another massive part to play for this club in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.