UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went into town to watch the parade set off, watched the end on the live stream when home and sadly before reading the comments on it on here headed to this thread first.

The bastards are getting to me.

I’ve been told that because this is about a breach of Uefa rules that all clubs agreed to be bound by, if found guilty, City won’t be able to take this matter through the civil courts. Does anyone have any further detail about this?

I’ve been told that because this is about a breach of Uefa rules that all clubs agreed to be bound by, if found guilty, City won’t be able to take this matter through the civil courts. Does anyone have any further detail about this?
Try telling that one to the Judge. Straw clutching if you ask me?

I’m no expert but it seems to me that fundamentally it’s a set of rules designed as a barrier to entry, is designed to limit growth and competition and protect a cartel of clubs. My only surprise is that nobody challenged it in the courts before UEFA got to implement it.

I have noticed a change in the balance of reporting in our favour since the last City statement refuting the FFP breach allegations but also reinforcing the view there is a campaign to undermine the Club and commercial interests.

There are more positive articles in the media as matters are now in the open. The leak to ban City from the CL could be a way of getting EUFA off the hook if the case is thrown out because due process was not followed.

I would have to agree with you on this point and it is most welcome, the only thing i would say is that i have also noticed a change in how our negative press is being presented. The narrative appears to have changed to the source of our income coming from human right abusers. I have heard this in passing before but not to the level of the last few days.

I’m no expert but it seems to me that fundamentally it’s a set of rules designed as a barrier to entry, is designed to limit growth and competition and protect a cartel of clubs. My only surprise is that nobody challenged it in the courts before UEFA got to implement it.

My understanding is that CAS is the last port of call to appeal against a UEFA ruling. However, City could still take a case that FFP is fundamentally illegal under EU competition law to the courts. If they do that and the case is decided in their favour FFP is dead and all previous UEFA judgements and sanctions on the subject are null and void. Then they could start chucking some libel and slander cases around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.