Hugh Ferris/Match day presenters

We all owe a debt to HK, he was responsible for averting an all out war over the Egypt/Israeli conflict in the 70’s. He was a one man peace mission, a Diplomat of the highest order.
Useful skill set for dealing with a drunk Tommy Booth

Will Perry is a keen City fan that works for the BBC. I have always been impressed with his delivery and output. If he has any spare capacity I would imagine he would do an excellent job for the club with presentations etc.

Not sure why they didn't just let Danny and Natalie do the interviews, at least they have an idea of whats going on at the club.
They’re just as bad in other ways. Over-enthusiastic about mind numbingly boring questions.

Never liked Ferris since he took the pi$$ out of Barnes, Booth and Corrigan before a game. Saying that Man City legends were so old no one knew who they were! Barnes was livid. Danny Jackson was clearly annoyed and he gave a quip back. Ferris is a odious little man. I dont understand what he is doing at the club. Cheesey would do a far better job.

I’m not a fan him. It’s his over the top his presenting style. Like others I think he can be patronising and a bit lame, however I think some of the comments on here are very harsh on someone who’s just doing the job he’s paid to do. I’m guessing he doesn’t write his questions and he’s told to present in a certain way.
I tend not to go to City Sq and at half time I’m at the bar so I tend not to hear much of his stuff.

Plus ca change.

I remember getting in to Albert Sq dead early for the FA Cup parade in 2011 with my young daughter. Having never been to one before I naturally assumed that it was all about the team and the staff and we’d wait patiently and the crowd would get a few songs going and the atmosphere would build organically.

An hour later and I realised I was sat watching a training school for desperate media wannabes - inane irrelevant interview after interview interspersed with deafening chart music. Basically one long cheesefest only briefly interrupted by the players coming out onto the buses and setting off.

Said it a lot, but what the club thinks we want, and what we actually want are miles apart.

Normally I don't get too bother by Hugh Ferris, he's a smug git, but he's just a generic safe bet as a presenter, so you can see why the club would have him. However, his interviews on Monday were consecutive car crashes. The one's with Zink and Stones especially. They were unnecessarily awkward and clearly the players weren't comfortable, let alone pleased with Ferris' manner. Someone else has mentioned it a few posts back; Ferris tried to make it all about him on Monday and he got that massively wrong. He's been here 8 or 9 years now (Wasn't his first season was when we'd switched to Umbro?) and it's time for a change to be honest.

Nothing wrong with the job Natalie and Danny do in my opinion. Alistair Mann's fine too. McLean's decent in my opinion, though admittedly he does get more funny the more drinks I've had...

James H Reeve would be a good choice if it were to be a blue, though I'm not sure the modern day family friendly, matchday experience selling Manchester City, would be onboard with him presenting all of his own material...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.