Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t improve us in that he’s not better than stones and Laporte but as I said in that post, there’s not many that are. We obviously need somebody in that position and I’d be quite content with maguire but it’s all about price given the need for improvements elsewhere too and despite what the media will say we don’t have an unlimited budget.
Not all about price though, assuming Delph goes to utilise the full 21 man squad someone needs to be homegrown, as far as I can see unless Danilo leaves when we could possibly get a HG right back that will have to be at CB .

He doesn’t improve us in that he’s not better than stones and Laporte but as I said in that post, there’s not many that are. We obviously need somebody in that position and I’d be quite content with maguire but it’s all about price given the need for improvements elsewhere too and despite what the media will say we don’t have an unlimited budget.
Effectively you are predicting that under Pep you know that he wont improve us. I would prefer to see a player playing for us in our system before trying to predict the future

For all those worrying Maguire was very good for Hull (and held on an equal footing to Robertson).

He then made a step up to Leicester and has consistently been one of their best performers. He also cemented himself in the England side.

He has a track record of making a step up and proving his worth.

Having watched him a week past Monday in person (and also the away game at the Dippers on tv)he’s shown he has the talent and mental toughness to compete. I think he’d be a solid signing who would not weaken our team.

The issue is that Vinny was a massive presence around the club, that can’t be replicated by anyone at this time.

He will have been scouted meticulously and background checks done on personality etc, if he comes let’s give him a chance.

He wouldn't be my first choice. Not as flashy as signing De Light from Ajax, but if Pep wants him then that's good enough for me. He's solid and fairly good with his feet. He'd be a decent signing. The only thing I wouldn't be looking forward to is the potential price tag. I really couldn't be bothered getting into a bidding war with United for him. Obviously Leicester would want a good bit of money for him but I really wouldn't like to go overboard on the transfer fee.

He'd certainly help us on set pieces.

Scoring from and defending indirect set pieces/corners is the only area Liverpool are superior to us

We concede from over 6% of corners conceded - the worst in the PL - and last I saw 10 of the 23 goals we let in were from corners.

Price could be stupid, esp. if Ole's desperate lot lob £100m+ at Napoli for Koulibaly.

I just don't get why you're so against this transfer? He's got all the typical attributes that are required for a centre half, plus he CAN play football which basically means he's good on the ball and can pass a football. He can step out and make those runs with the ball into midfield. Both feet. The only downside would be that he's not the quickest but nor is Laporte.

From the visual point of view, he doesn't look as silky as De Light but this isn't the competition of who has the best body shape when running with the ball.

I think you judge him more for his face (he's not very handsome, P.S. I'm not gay) and that he looks a bit clumsy visually but in reality he's not.

Don't judge the book by its cover.

I just don't get why you're so against this transfer? He's got all the typical attributes that are required for a centre half, plus he CAN play football which basically means he's good on the ball and can pass a football. He can step out and make those runs with the ball into midfield. Both feet. The only downside would be that he's not the quickest but nor is Laporte.

From the visual point of view, he doesn't look as silky as De Light but this isn't the competition of who has the best body shape when running with the ball.

I think you judge him more for his face (he's not very handsome, P.S. I'm not gay) and that he looks a bit clumsy visually but in reality he's not.

Don't judge the book by its cover.
I think most struggle accepting him because he isn't the shiniest toy out there

we can always put Sane n CB if we are concerned with Maguire's pace.

None of our current CBs is pacey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.