Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The only sensible response is of course resistance. To managed tribal conflict, to those who would mobilise their club’s support as a kind of demented online PR army; and from the those of us in the media who feed this, who fall for and exacerbate the hostility....Don’t give in to hate. It leads not only to the dark side, but to a million angry tweets; to a cretinising discourse; to divide and rule; and to a sense of something profoundly lost along the way."

Why did you publish the article then? Cretinising discourse? Nice. You don't even allow City fans to respond to your blog, so much for discourse.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/may/24/welcome-to-elite-football-great-summer-of-hate

Why don't you give City fans a right of reply on Guardian football?

I’m not sure there should be a term “sport journalism”, to be frank. I think that alone has created these type of sport writers that think their work is on par with real journalists genuinely putting their reputations, careers, and sometimes lives on the line for the very important, potentially world changing stories they report. And even those are few and far between now.

“Sport journalism” further devalues what little actual journalism remains. They’re writing about grown men playing a ****ing game, they’re not Katherine ****ing Glasier.
Don't disagree with you. But covering sport for any media organisation should require the ability to dig out stories and reveal things that no one else knows about. There are still a few Sports reporters who do this. But there is a new generation who do not have these sort of skills. People like Ronay, Glendennning, and Matthew Syed have essentially become well-paid Trolls.

I reckon it goes a little beyond that. I think because much of our support is local and working-class there’s definitely an element of institutional snobbery involved in some quarters.
Personally I think these journos think we’re all fucking thick as well as being of working class stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.