Europa League Final. Arsenal vs. Chelsea. 29/5/19.

If Arsenal win and get in to Champions League does a UEFA cup spot go to Everton? Would that constitute a top 8 next year? Would be hilarious watching United in the UEFA cup with Wolves and Everton!

It’s a bit nonchalant of UEFA to pick a venue for a cup final where the birthplace of a footballer brings into doubt whether he can play or not.
Exactly.

They'd have moved last year's final if by some long shot a Russian team were in it.

If the final had been between Trabzonspor and Shakhtar Donetsk nobody would have batted an eyelid.

It just happens that chance has played a random part and the one player who can’t play in that country’s team has got to the final and the two teams in the final are from across the other side of Europe to the Caucasus.

When the final venue was voted for two years ago, who would have thought this scenario would have come together?

If Arsenal win and get in to Champions League does a UEFA cup spot go to Everton? Would that constitute a top 8 next year? Would be hilarious watching United in the UEFA cup with Wolves and Everton!
If Arsenal win then their Europa League spot goes to Sparta Praha

Long shot but what if an Armenia team got to the final.

Yeah I was wondering that and haven't found an answer. Apparently Armenian athletes have competed in Baku recently though without problems and the Azerbaijani's claim that they did guarantee Mkhitaryan's safety. Mkhitaryan's position is a bit more difficult though as he visited a contested region a few years ago to give out gifts. I guess the Azerbaijani authorities could have promised to foot the bill to move it if an Armenian team got to the final in the full knowledge it would never come to that.

UEFA are a disgrace to football. If 2 clubs from the same country play a final it should be moved to that Country with the selected venue put back a year.

Being devils advocate - what about the financial impact to the host nation or what if a similar situation arises the following year?

Whether it was a financial bribe to hold it there I don't know, but for me it shouldn't be changed because of the nationalities of the finalists once it has been declared at the outset of the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.