Champions League Final Liverpool v Spurs

They won the best knockout cup comp there is, good luck to them, and yes of course would have liked to win it but a bit of perspective. ..This was 2nd v 4th, combined 90 years for both since being champions of their own league.
"Champions of Europe"...that's a stretch. That's like saying the FA Cup winners are the Champions of England, ridiculous, except of course when teams do the double or treble ;-)
Winning a true League, 38 games home & away, requires sustained excellence, consistency, and toughness in the face of adversity. It's the ultimate prize, they know it even though they won't admit it.
They may be celebrating today but not as true Champions. If & when we win it, we win it as reigning English champions , not fucking 5th (2005) or 2nd (2019).

Believe me, not winning the League hurts them more and there is a big Sky Blue elephant in the room to haunt them
Bang On. Well said.

Agreed.
But as long as the away goal rule exists you have to score away and keep a clean sheet at home.

Furthermore, put a penalty in and don't give away easy goals if you pretend to play defensively... :-/

I wasn't disappointed that City lost a match, we had more than enough to turn it around and we more or less did.

I was disappointed to not be more aggressive and piss on their new stadium parade and take it in a storm.
Our first half had so many easy and sloppy mistouches that I could see our players were afraid to fuck it up, and we did on that day.
That's a mental aspect and it has to be addressed.

I defended Pep's approach staunchly at the time and I still think it was OK: individual errors cost us far more than tactics to my mind. However, going for it there and being safety first at home may have worked. Had the results been reversed, we would have gone through. Margins were fine, we went out despite not actually losing the tie. Thankfully the horrible away goals rule appears to be on its way out.

I am certain that City are currently the best team in Europe but Scousers are Champions of Europe, again. It's possibly getting a bit like Real v Barca!

Next season will mark 50 years since our only European trophy win so it's just got to be the time to prove beyond question that we are currently Europe's finest.

This season they have been a great team but I certainly don’t mean one of the greats.

Take away City and who else would you name as being a better team this season?

For the record, we’re an exceptional team so I’m certainly not saying they are level with us.

I think football fans tend to dismiss and downplay rivals, whereas it probably makes sense to give credit where it’s due.

It is very difficult to give credit when they have had the benefit of some very strange decisions and they have the ability to cheat with great ease. Perhaps I and other blues have been spoiled over the last few seasons but I don't class a great team as one who resort to bypassing midfield in the hope that a forward latches on to a ball. Or rely on a goalkeeper throwing the ball into their own net.
What doesn't help is the complete media bias that is shown towards them. Do you really think had they swept up domestically as we have that there would not have been wall to wall TV programmes, books and films made about it?
Maybe why that's why they don't get the credit from us you think they deserve.

Well that was one of the worst finals I can remember. The quality of football was abysmal. The atmosphere was utter shite with both sets acting as if they were in an art gallery.

After having a great afternoon sitting in the sun, drinking ice cold beer and talking bolloks, looking forward to the game and to be served up that bollocks, would have took the shine off the day if I hadn’t made a brilliant dinner.

It was that boring we were all having conversations totally unrelated to football.

I wish Ajax had had won the semis and Barcelona. At least that would have been a game. It was like watching so many games in the Prem, where it’s just about trying to stop the other play, resulting in eye watering boring games.

If I had bothered my hole to tape that game, it would have been deleted as soon as it stopped.

Piss poor is being kind.

They won the best knockout cup comp there is, good luck to them, and yes of course would have liked to win it but a bit of perspective. ..This was 2nd v 4th, combined 90 years for both since being champions of their own league.
"Champions of Europe"...that's a stretch. That's like saying the FA Cup winners are the Champions of England, ridiculous, except of course when teams do the double or treble ;-)
Winning a true League, 38 games home & away, requires sustained excellence, consistency, and toughness in the face of adversity. It's the ultimate prize, they know it even though they won't admit it.
They may be celebrating today but not as true Champions. If & when we win it, we win it as reigning English champions , not fucking 5th (2005) or 2nd (2019).

Believe me, not winning the League hurts them more and there is a big Sky Blue elephant in the room to haunt them

That match demonstrated for me just how much it was missing the presence of Europe's best team. However, the season is done now and City have to go and prove it all again now. Let's hope we use the transfer window to genuinely strengthen the squad, which is already a challenge due to Vinnie's departure. Go Txiki.

Whoever wins the league are the champions of England .
Whoever wins the champions league are the champions of Europe .
People should really get over it, if say next season City came 4th (I hope not !) And we win the champions league , we will be champions of Europe weather anybody like it or not.
The club shop will stock champs of Europe t shirts and will bloody well wear one to piss of my Utd and Scouse mates and I have plenty .
So I won't become a hypocrite sorry.

73ea85cf1dad27b86917a5af60c57c08.jpg

They might be giddy with their cup win against a side that had to rely on the misuse of VAR to shaft us, but in the saloon bars in the deepest and darkest fastnesses of that shit hole called Liverpool they will be muttering to each other that they would gladly swap this pot for a PL title!

Whoever wins the league are the champions of England .
Whoever wins the champions league are the champions of Europe .
People should really get over it, if say next season City came 4th (I hope not !) And we win the champions league , we will be champions of Europe weather anybody like it or not.
The club shop will stock champs of Europe t shirts and will bloody well wear one to piss of my Utd and Scouse mates and I have plenty .
So I won't become a hypocrite sorry.

Were that to happen the RDAHMeedya would put a completely different spin on it. It would not be Champions of Europe but the winners of Europe's premier knock-out trophy, after overcoming a poor Madrid, Barca, Inter, PSG, Dog&DuckFC side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.