Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

the thing is in the bigger games and semi finals england panic and don't turn up ?? yes the world cup format is setup to give room for a slip up or 2 but looking at the top teams west indies australia india pakistan new zealand only 4 teams will make the cut and semi final, so losing to one of them gives the others a better chances in making the top 4

england have problems at batting with bounce and spin and if we don't get off to a flyer then the middle order and tail are put under the pressure to score runs and quickly and everything is based around buttler to smash it around the park ?? the england team are under pressure because of the media and the hyping up of series wins at one day levels over the last 2 or 3 years ?? but all that means nothing when you at home and asked to win the world cup based on the last 3 years and being number 1, you still have to come out and play your game and england just don't handle the pressure like it or not

yesterday you seen england get beaten because of our bowling and batting and fielding was shocking, funny thing was we just battered pakistan in a 5 game series a couple of weeks ago, and not once did you see england panic and put under pressure ??? england are a good team but its on a base no pressure cricket and meaningless series wins and when the world cup comes along somebody turns the switch on and panic sets in

Teams lose games. It happens. England's 75% win rate over the last couple of years is the highest ever, even the great Australian team were only at 65%. I don't get why you're flapping about it, England will qualify for the semi-final, and then it's a matter of how they play then. They're going to beat the likes of Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and then that's four wins and virtually qualified without trying. What's the big deal?

Of course. Because it's been invisible in this country for the last 15 years. An entire generation has grown up not exposed to it. This tournament is in the gift of the ICC, but the way the ECB have deliberately killed their own sport in favour of lucre is despicable.

I don't know what the situation is like in schools now. Growing up most of my mates played football and cricket. Rugby was for the guys who couldn't play either of those properly.

The success of the WC in terms of exposure around the country, depends on England making the semi finals and possibly winning it. That ahead of an Ashes will be a huge boost. The Nations League will be done and the womens world cup so there's not a lot else to contend with in terms of competition for headlines.

I don't know what the situation is like in schools now. Growing up most of my mates played football and cricket. Rugby was for the guys who couldn't play either of those properly.

The success of the WC in terms of exposure around the country, depends on England making the semi finals and possibly winning it. That ahead of an Ashes will be a huge boost. The Nations League will be done and the womens world cup so there's not a lot else to contend with in terms of competition for headlines.

Sadly not. The TV viewing figures on Sky are miserable and declining for cricket. Probably in the tens of thousands for some games, and half a million is a good result. It's invisible as a sport.

There's been little analysis done of Sky cricket viewing figures. This was sufficiently good most of the cricket journalists base their comment on the research:

https://beingoutsidecricket.com/2017/02/18/viewing-figures-a-ramble-through-facts/

Sadly not. The TV viewing figures on Sky are miserable and declining for cricket. Probably in the tens of thousands for some games, and half a million is a good result. It's invisible as a sport.

There's been little analysis done of Sky cricket viewing figures. This was sufficiently good most of the cricket journalists base their comment on the research:

https://beingoutsidecricket.com/2017/02/18/viewing-figures-a-ramble-through-facts/

I always love the radio coverage to be honest even when I can watch it. It is a shame because the personalities and expertise from commentators and pundits us by far and away the best with cricket. If only football could follow suit.

Sadly the era of classic radio cricket coverage has gone. Grew up with the dry/witty/silly humour of Arlott, Johnson and Blofeld coupled with their great knowledge of the game.

Be interesting to see what happens when the new deal kicks in next year - worth a billion and sees some cricket back on terrestrial telly.

Sadly the era of classic radio cricket coverage has gone. Grew up with the dry/witty/silly humour of Arlott, Johnson and Blofeld coupled with their great knowledge of the game.

I think that's quite harsh - TMS is still great for me. Enjoy Vaughan and Swann, and Graeme Smith back on for the tournament is great. Didn't think I could like a South African as much as him!

Teams lose games. It happens. England's 75% win rate over the last couple of years is the highest ever, even the great Australian team were only at 65%. I don't get why you're flapping about it, England will qualify for the semi-final, and then it's a matter of how they play then. They're going to beat the likes of Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Bangladesh and then that's four wins and virtually qualified without trying. What's the big deal?

am not flapping like you say ?? its just facts that england are not as good as everybody is making out ?? the stats are not what wins you the world cups ?? its good old fashion having the balls to cross over the line and grab the game by its neck and win, and england panic and self destruct in big games always have and always will, and yesterday was good old england bottle jobs, and when you needed somebody to back root and buttler they was back in the shed with their tails between their legs

moeen ali was rocking from ball one and buttler had no choice but to gamble with only woakes, archer, rashid, wood, and asking to get over 9 a over for 12 or 13 overs was to much and pakistan know how to win in good like that ?? they knew england would panic and they did ?? the only stat that means anything its win or lose and 2 points

am not flapping like you say ?? its just facts that england are not as good as everybody is making out ?? the stats are not what wins you the world cups ?? its good old fashion having the balls to cross over the line and grab the game by its neck and win, and england panic and self destruct in big games always have and always will, and yesterday was good old england bottle jobs, and when you needed somebody to back root and buttler they was back in the shed with their tails between their legs

moeen ali was rocking from ball one and buttler had no choice but to gamble with only woakes, archer, rashid, wood, and asking to get over 9 a over for 12 or 13 overs was to much and pakistan know how to win in good like that ?? they knew england would panic and they did ?? the only stat that means anything its win or lose and 2 points

Well, they're the number one side in the world, and keep stuffing everyone over the last two or three years. But one defeat and suddenly they're not that good?

Yeah, I'd say that's flapping alright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.