Lisbon or Porto

Would 9-10 days in Portugal be enough for Lisbon and Porto with a trip to Algarve region as well?

Say fly into Lisbon for 4 days, head to Algarve for a day or 2, and then up to Porto for the remaining time. Logistically is that doable or too much bouncing around? It'd be heading from the middle of the country to the southern and then all the way to the north, which seems dumb on the surface, but that depends on the trains I suppose. I have a tendency to try to squeeze to much in when travelling so want to make sure I'm not doing the same here...

Would 9-10 days in Portugal be enough for Lisbon and Porto with a trip to Algarve region as well?

Say fly into Lisbon for 4 days, head to Algarve for a day or 2, and then up to Porto for the remaining time. Logistically is that doable or too much bouncing around? It'd be heading from the middle of the country to the southern and then all the way to the north, which seems dumb on the surface, but that depends on the trains I suppose. I have a tendency to try to squeeze to much in when travelling so want to make sure I'm not doing the same here...

I live in the Algarve. Yes it is doable. I would get the train down to here from Lisbon approx 2hrs, as stated in a post earlier the trains aren't expensive. I would fly from Faro to Porto you can get flights up to there probably cheaper than the trains and the trains take approx 4-5hrs flight is about an hour.

Or if possible flip it and arrive in Porto, then fly to the Algarve and then train to Lisbon

Oh and when in Porto go here
https://images.app.goo.gl/fPT5tj3zJkgQvEhq9

Love Porto, cheap as well. We took a train north to Braga, only coz of the football team.it was a lovely little town. The main train station in Porto is amazing with its tiled walls. You definitely get a Harry Potter vibe in Porto as Jk Rowling lived there. There's a great little sports bar that does nice food and v cheap drinks by the river, opposite the Port factories.

Stayed in Lisbon when Hearts played Braga in UEFA...2 nights in both places then went back a year later to Cascais

Definitely recommended

incorrect 2 1/2- 3hrs depending on which train.

Less than €30 1st class on the high speed train.
Pendant
OUTWARD - 5 results Lisboa - Entrecampos > Faro Between 00:00 and 24:00
icone_calendario.png
03 de Julho de 2019
Service Leaving Arrival Duration Price 1st/2nd Promo Ticket 1st/2nd detail Buy
AP 08h31 11h23 2h52 €30,70/€22,90
icon_star.gif
€18,50/ -
IC 10h10 13h30 3h20 €28,70/€21,90
icon_star.gif
- / €13,50
IC 14h10 17h35 3h25 €28,70/€21,90
icon_star.gif
- / €13,50
AP 17h31 20h23 2h52 €30,70/€22,90
IC 18h40 22h02 3h22 €28,70/€21,90
icon_star.gif
€17,50/€11,00
Promo tickets cheap if booked in advance also.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.