Guardiola confirms intention to stay at City for next two years P123

I know where you're coming from but at the end of the day it's just another cup competition, Christ spurs could have won it this year and would anyone seriously say they're the best team in Europe.

Premier League first and foremost then CL, FA, LC.

I agree - there's an element of luck in any cup competition and that's why we got knocked out over the last 3 years. But you saw the worldwide hype. The club want that desperately.

Whatäs going on with Sarri to Juve? Can't they just confirm their new manager? I want to read the Juve fan reactions.

Without a shadow of a doubt I'd sacrifice a third title for the Champions League. I would have done this year too.

So would The Sheikh, Khaldoon, Pep and every single player.

I suspect that after all the league titles, everyone at the club would want to win the CL next. HOWEVER, the PL has to come first as you simple can't prioritise the CL where the competition is so fierce, and in one off matches it comes down to luck.

Liverpool and Spurs were close to going out at the group stages - both getting through with the same points as the third place team. Both semis could easily have gone either way, and we saw how close Spurs came to going out against us. The final was effectively decided by an unlucky hand ball.

How do you even start to prioritise? Given that we've just gone on a run of 30 wins and 2 defeats in four and a half months at the END of the season, would marginally fresher players really have made a difference? Remember that our worst CL defeat came six games into the season.

He's right, but he's also going to say that to manage expectations. He knows full well what the goal is for the club, and for him. He's starting to get a label of Champs League flop too. Last season I felt he prioritised them equally but I remain utterly convinced that if Pep was given a choice next season he'd pick the Champions League like me.
Last season he prioritised Palace away over Spurs first leg to be fair mate. That said it all about which he thought was the major game.

You may be right about next year, the battle for first may also not be quite as fraught. Time will tell.

Oh come on, do you really think UEFA is a one-man organization? Do you think your owners are helpless fools that couldn't do a thing if that was the case?

And apart from that, do you think Guardiola would go to such a club if a club operated like that? You sure hold him to a high standard.
Or perhaps you were going to say that we would kidnap him, yeah that would be more like our style. Grow out of mafia movies mate.
We're used to being pictured as the villains but sometimes it's just ridiculous.
I think you should start watching those mafia movies, because apparently you keep making him offers he can refuse.

Don’t think that’s the way it’s supposed to work.

I think you should start watching those mafia movies, because apparently you keep making him offers he can refuse.

Don’t think that’s the way it’s supposed to work.

So you believe the rumours that we've had talks with Guardiola? Alright. What's the problem there? I don't think that's something unusual.

If you just wanted to make a mafia joke, sorry to have misunderstood you; I thought it would be a post that had something to do with me and Jazzman's conversation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.