Guardiola confirms intention to stay at City for next two years P123

I think we also have to bear in mind that Liverpool were pushing us all the way. In any other season we would of been streets ahead in the league and allowed us to rest places for the CL. We couldnt do that last season, I can’t see Liverpool having another season like last, but hopefully we will and give us some breathing space for the CL

Last edited by a moderator:
You’d sacrifice winning the PL title again, and for the *3rd season running*?

Only Arsenal and Liverpool have won the old 1st division title 3 years running. Only United have won the PL title 3 years running.

What is the greater achievement for Pep? Winning the PL title 3 years on the run, or finally winning the CL?

Would Pep be classed a failure if he didn’t Win the CL, but won the PL 3 times on the run, or maybe even 4 times on the run, before he leaves?

I would take the PL title over the CL anytime. Obviously the club and Pep now want the CL after last season’s clean sweep. I’ll accept that.

Without a shadow of a doubt I'd sacrifice a third title for the Champions League. I would have done this year too.

So would The Sheikh, Khaldoon, Pep and every single player. It's the last step for the club now and the high I would feel winning it, being the top dogs in Europe, would be miles highter than another title. This team will always be labelled as Champions League failures if they don't win it, and with some justification: We are the best team in Europe now and we need to prove it. I know that the CL is a knockout, and luck is a factor, but sooner or later our bad luck will run out and we will win it with this team and manager.

If we do it, I suspect it might be the best moment of my life as a City fan.

The Champions League is the club's A1 priority and most fans understand this. Even more so now we've done everything else.

You all saw the hype around last Sunday's game. City need to be part of that and this team is easily good enough to win it. I'd sacrifice all three domestic trophies next year for it.
I’m going to take Pep at face value. Every time he’s been asked he’s said the league is always the number one priority as so much relies on luck in the knockout stages of the CL.

Without a shadow of a doubt I'd sacrifice a third title for the Champions League. I would have done this year too.

So would The Sheikh, Khaldoon, Pep and every single player. It's the last step for the club now and the high I would feel winning it, being the top dogs in Europe, would be miles highter than another title. This team will always be labelled as Champions League failures if they don't win it, and with some justification: We are the best team in Europe now and we need to prove it. I know that the CL is a knockout, and luck is a factor, but sooner or later our bad luck will run out and we will win it with this team and manager.

If we do it, I suspect it might be the best moment of my life as a City fan.

I know where you're coming from but at the end of the day it's just another cup competition, Christ spurs could have won it this year and would anyone seriously say they're the best team in Europe.

Premier League first and foremost then CL, FA, LC.

I’m going to take Pep at face value. Every time he’s been asked he’s said the league is always the number one priority as so much relies on luck in the knockout stages of the CL.

He's right, but he's also going to say that to manage expectations. He knows full well what the goal is for the club, and for him. He's starting to get a label of Champs League flop too. Last season I felt he prioritised them equally but I remain utterly convinced that if Pep was given a choice next season he'd pick the Champions League like me.

Martin Lipton has set the Juventus fans off again.

Some of the replies would have Liverpool fans shaking their heads at them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.