UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So UEFA ban us before the draw. We appeal. Is the ban then suspended pending the appeal? If not, and we are subseqently exhonorated, can we sue UEFA for lost revenue? Seems unlikely to me.
Christ an unholy mess brought about a hacked email. YCNMIU.
Edit PS. If I were UEFA, I'd find us not guilty and avoid even more probs.

More or less what's in the tweet. A spokesperson for CAS said “There is no stay on Uefa while the CAS proceedings are in progress.”
I thought this was always the case. City going to the CAS was a pre-emptive move and a declaration of intent. The UEFA process will obviously have to run its course. That has been made clear in previous coverage. Lipton is clueless. I presume that City know a ban is coming and that's why they have been so strong in their attack on UEFA. We have publically said the process is biased and our commercial rivals have been involved in a campaign against us. That is as clear as day. We are putting all our eggs in the CAS basket because we know we will never get a fair hearing from UEFA which is riddled with corruption.

I thought this was always the case. City going to the CAS was a pre-emptive move and a declaration of intent. The UEFA process will obviously have to run its course. That has been made clear in previous coverage. Lipton is clueless. I presume that City know a ban is coming and that's why they have been so strong in their attack on UEFA. We have publically said the process is biased and our commercial rivals have been involved in a campaign against us. That is as clear as day. We are putting all our eggs in the CAS basket because we know we will never get a fair hearing from UEFA which is riddled with corruption.

Yes but what if Uefa gives us a ban, we go to CAS again and they say nothing wrong with the ban. Is that it then? (Can they even change it like make it worse as if Uefa 1 year ban they find soft and they double it?)

Yes but what if Uefa gives us a ban, we go to CAS again and they say nothing wrong with the ban. Is that it then? (Can they even change it like make it worse as if Uefa 1 year ban they find soft and they double it?)

Absolutely zero chance of this when clubs have received a 1 season ban for failing ffp due to owing football creditors or local government taxes. The whole misleading is total bullshit from uefa anyhow, as part of the pinch settlement their were 6 monthly audits and assessments to ensure future compliance for the duration of the sanctions. So City's Auditors had at least 6 opportunities to spot any irregularity 4 x 6 monthly and the yearly final accounts, likewise UEFA auditors and the IC chamber had 6 bites of the cherry during the period of sanctions and found fuck all amiss. For a professional body\auditor with full access to the accounts on 6 occasions to turn round 4-5 years later I think you mislead me and er I made a mistake based on you misleading me is quite frankly embarrassing, the fact they are doing so on the whim of cartel using partial stolen email correspondence is even more bizarre, but I am sure if the AC gives its verdict before CAS then it will be guilty.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we haven't been keeping our powder dry and gathering information for the last five years to make sure we don't get pinched again I can see city giving it to thease corrupt bastards with both barrels

That's the six million dollar question. I am not a lawyer so am not sure if we could take this to the Swiss Courts. It's a high risk strategy for City (and Khaldoon personally) but I can only assume we are taking UEFA on because we have very strong evidence of wrongdoing against us. If we lose I expect us to publish that evidence for the football world to see it. Otherwise we would suffer huge reputational damage (much worse than we have had so far).

Absolutely zero chance of this when clubs have received a 1 season ban for failing ffp due to owing football creditors or local government taxes. The whole misleading is total bullshit from uefa anyhow, as part of the pinch settlement their were 6 monthly audits and assessments to ensure future compliance for the duration of the sanctions. So City's Auditors had at least 6 opportunities to spot any irregularity 4 x 6 monthly and the yearly final accounts, likewise UEFA auditors and the IC chamber had 6 bites of the cherry during the period of sanctions and found fuck all amiss. For a professional body\auditor with full access to the accounts on 6 occasions to turn round 4-5 years later I think you mislead me and er I made a mistake based on you misleading me is quite frankly embarrassing, the fact they are doing so on the whim of cartel using partial stolen email correspondence is even more bizarre, but I am sure if the AC gives its verdict before CAS then it will be guilty.

I don't think that's a fair reflection of the audit process. Any auditing would look at in/out, not any original source of money.

It's only post-Spiegel that the possibility of shenanigans over original source came to light.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we haven't been keeping our powder dry and gathering information for the last five years to make sure we don't get pinched again I can see city giving it to thease corrupt bastards with both barrels
How? This is going to CAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.