FIFA Women's WC France 2019

absolutely agree - the ball retention of the two teams is poles apart. The USA are much better at it - they give, they go and are always on the move - unfortunately England give it away too often and too cheaply. The Americans are the City of this competition with the style of football they play and England are a couple of rungs below them.

Yet they couldn’t beat England a few months ago and lost to england time before that.

Takes some doing but the beeb haven't mentioned Manchester City once this morning !
The commentators over here were saying how great it is that Lyon have put so much money into their women's team (to buy the best players and pay the highest salaries, presumably) so that they now dominate the women's game in Europe. It's nice that the media are so consistent in how they view this type of investment in a team...

The commentators over here were saying how great it is that Lyon have put so much money into their women's team (to buy the best players and pay the highest salaries, presumably) so that they now dominate the women's game in Europe. It's nice that the media are so consistent in how they view this type of investment in a team...

The level of hypocrisy never ceases to amaze .

Certainly are best performance of the tournament last night but we have to stop needlessly giving the ball away and giving possesion to the opposition. USA or France will punish us for that, also i know Kirby is a good player but she's yet to put in a decent display imo.

The final game should've been between France, USA or England. They really did balls up the draw. The other side looks weak in comparison.

This morning's press seem more focused on Beckham and his daughter than the actual game.
I thought the TV coverage in general was so poor; too many repeated replays during live action, Jonathan Pearce's barely inaudible mumblings and mutterings on everything apart from the on-pitch action, interspersed with the occasional shriek. Plus, during the last 5 minutes or so, there was more screening of the stadium supporters than the match.
City Women 3- No-Way 0

England stopped Norway playing, as well as doing some good stuff themselves. I love all this so and so will punish those mistakes.
Norway were supposed to be one of those teams, too.

The thing about a knock-out comp is that you have to bring your best game to the party at least once! I think last night was the time for Norway to perform and they didn't! it could have been a little different - Houghton off the line, Bardsley full length save, and Demi Stokes has the benefit of a weird VAR-LotG get out jail card pen not given 'cos the ball bounced up off her foot!! I can't see the logic of a ball bouncing up off the turf and hitting yer hand and one bouncing up off yer boot and hitting yer hand, particularly if it's preceded by a full-blooded drive from an attacker!, But, hey ho, 3-0 tells its own story.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.