Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire played well at the Etihad and will be an asset to our squad if he comes imo. Seen plenty of Leicester and England games and he is good at bringing the ball out of defence, but outpacing Gundo is nothing to shout about.
True, although I feel he has a touch of Yaya about him - not in terms of pure skill and completeness, but some skill, a modicum of pace and thunderous presence can do wonders when you’re on a charge.
Expect to see some of those force field moments with people seemingly bouncing off him...if of course, he signs.

He suits them,they do shield him a lot like it or not,he would be exposed in our side and a fit vinny still shits on him

I've watched the leicester game back as i can't sleep in this heat and Harry is solid enough and does play offside trap well,however this carrying the ball out from the back appears to be based on going past a complete non tackle by gundy,i could have taken the ball that far i reckon,not sure i've seen him do it other than that time

I would like to think that if he came here Pep would suss that out. Stones was similar at Everton and held onto the ball longer than he should have. Positional play is important. Either pass to one of the open options or go back to Ederson.

its a signing i think would not be neccesary if Vinny had remained for a year or two I Still dont think Pep has total trust in Stones What Mcguire lacks is pace, but he has good vision and a superb football brain which is a major requirement for any Peps type of player He also can help us at corners in both boxes as profiting from them is hardly our strong point He really impressed me at the World Cup and wasnt fazed. The problem will be the fee i dont see us getting near what Leicester want but i believe there is a desire for him to join us so it could happen via add-ons and some tough negotiations Would not rule the rags out of this

its a signing i think would not be neccesary if Vinny had remained for a year or two I Still dont think Pep has total trust in Stones What Mcguire lacks is pace, but he has good vision and a superb football brain which is a major requirement for any Peps type of player He also can help us at corners in both boxes as profiting from them is hardly our strong point He really impressed me at the World Cup and wasnt fazed. The problem will be the fee i dont see us getting near what Leicester want but i believe there is a desire for him to join us so it could happen via add-ons and some tough negotiations Would not rule the rags out of this

Many of the greatest CB's have lacked pace. Pep's style is to play high so even the quickest CB's would get exploited if the right ball/run was executed by the opposition. This is another reason why Pep has sweeper keepers at the base of his team.

True, although I feel he has a touch of Yaya about him - not in terms of pure skill and completeness, but some skill, a modicum of pace and thunderous presence can do wonders when you’re on a charge.
Expect to see some of those force field moments with people seemingly bouncing off him...if of course, he signs.

Thunderous presence has always stood me in good stead tbf.

If he wants to wear the shirt and has turned down United I'll back him. He's not as silky as we're used to but he'll bring bags of physicality we sorely miss now.

I don’t care for Toure one bit but that’s just fucking bullshit, please tell me you’re taking the fucking piss talking about Harry Fucking Maguire going on runs like Yaya Fucking Toure for the love of god!!

I kind of hope you’ve had your drink spiked, at least you’ll be alright in the morning.

im Afraid i dont see the Toure comparison either However i see why Pep would want him and that will do for me However imho this has to be the season that John Stones has to endeavour to cement his place in the side He has had 3-4 good periods but is not consistent and that is a requirement for our Gaffer Would love to see Stones step up after all if Mcguire arrives we would have the England defence on tap im sure Southgate would be chuffed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.