It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

If we do get a transfer ban, why should we get 2 windows when we were allegedly only at fault for a small number of signings while Chelsea were found guilty of shedloads and got 2 windows?? Ideally, for me, if we get found in breach, I would offer to accept it for 1 window and next January...

Would he do better if he were £40m?
Im obviously missing something as I cannot fathom this reasoning at all
If Leicester wanted 200 million for him you’d still be happy to pay it just because he’s a good player? What about 400 million?500 million, at what point does it become a stupid deal for city?

If Leicester wanted 200 million for him you’d still be happy to pay it just because he’s a good player? What about 400 million?500 million, at what point does it become a stupid deal for city?

You are right, but the average fan doesn't really care about value for money, or saving 50million on a transfer means the club can buy another prospect with that 50.

Personally think he's ok, but I would let United blow us out of the water at 90 million.

I said something similar last week, we have to have a limit and you have to look at the realism of this transfer. Two years ago TWO he was bought for £17m and while he may be an established international now his stock has not risen by that much in just two years regardless of what Leicester think. He might be worth £90m to Leicester because they don't want to lose him and they don't need to sell but he isn't worth £90m to us. Kompany was a legend no doubt but don't forget he missed a lot of games last season and we still did OK with the other defensive options we had. Maguire is seen as the "replacement" for Kompany. The price is being ramped up because he is homegrown and Leicester don't want to sell the best thing we can do is move on and go for someone else because the price tag is a joke. He is worth no more than £50m and that is not a reflection on his ability that is just being realistic.

If Tkiki writes a cheque for £90m I'll eat my own arse with a spoon.

Thanks to FFP money does matter. It’s not about what the player is worth in terms of the fee itself though, it’s what percentage of our budget is he worth sacrificing to us, and it’s the same for pretty much every other premier league club now.

If we had a £200 million limit this summer and spent 80 on Maguire that’s 40% of what we can spend, if we’ve got £400 million, it’s 20% and looks like a more attractive purchase even though it’s the same price, and that’s all that matters now. There’s too much money for the fee to have any real meaning on its own

I said something similar last week, we have to have a limit and you have to look at the realism of this transfer. Two years ago TWO he was bought for £17m and while he may be an established international now his stock has not risen by that much in just two years regardless of what Leicester think. He might be worth £90m to Leicester because they don't want to lose him and they don't need to sell but he isn't worth £90m to us. Kompany was a legend no doubt but don't forget he missed a lot of games last season and we still did OK with the other defensive options we had. Maguire is seen as the "replacement" for Kompany. The price is being ramped up because he is homegrown and Leicester don't want to sell the best thing we can do is move on and go for someone else because the price tag is a joke. He is worth no more than £50m and that is not a reflection on his ability that is just being realistic.

If Tkiki writes a cheque for £90m I'll eat my own arse with a spoon.
Of course there is a limit, the limit however shouldn't concern any of us. The clubs finances are in good hands and they will set their own limits. The limits will be the whole package though fee plus wages.

If City can afford to buy Maguire why worry what he costs the club. I would go for him if we have the money as his game best suits City. Pretty much the only threat opponents have against City is nicking one from a set piece or banging in a world class strike. He'd also make us a threat at set-pieces. No one wins as many corners as us.

Obviously there's more to his game than heading, but he is the outstanding Inthe air.

We could have a cheap and cheerful summer whilst signing 2 CBs, one in his prime, who is in the top 3 CBs in the PL with VVD & Lap, and one a future partner to E.Garcia, for nigh on half the price of Maguire. Also no need to sign a HG player after Angelino is confirmed - unless we do something stupid like sell him immediately or bring in that Spanish GK as 3rd choice
  1. Alderweireld - 25m
  2. Alves - free
  3. Angelino - 5m
  4. Rodri - 62m
(Would also sign Saliba, who looks like he could potentially become VVD-esque in the future, but loan him back)

1. Ederson
  2. Bravo
  3. GRIMSHAW 1
  4. STONES 2
  5. Laporte
  6. Alderweireld
  7. E.Garcia (not in CL squad unless there's a long term injury. 1 yr till HG)
  8. WALKER 3
  9. Alves
  10. ANGELINO 4
  11. Zinchenko
  12. Mendy
  13. Fernandinho
  14. Rodri
  15. DOYLE 5
  16. Gundogan
  17. De Bruyne
  18. Silva
  19. FODEN 6
  20. Bernardo
  21. STERLING 7
  22. Mahrez
  23. Sane
  24. POVEDA 8
  25. Aguero
  26. G.Jesus

Its only stupid when people say he would only be good for us if he cost x. He doesn't up his game according to price is my point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.