United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be the first manager sacked. I’ve been saying it since March
I, fwiw, don't think he will get sacked. What I think they have done is to install a manager not for his managerial skills but because he is likely to be compliant to the owners agenda. He has been brought in to compliment Woodward and run the team to make as much money as possible for the owners rather than win trophies.
Same MO as Wenger and Arsenal.

I just don't understand why more isn't being made of the wage increase limit being abolished by the Premier League, at the exact time that these red sh*ts have a problem with a huge wage bill and wanting to invest in more new players, keeping De Gea by offering him parity etc.

I mean, I have the utmost confidence that they couldn't wipe their own arses over there right now, but the rule change seems to pretty much only benefit those who want to invest big, and have the commercial structure to do so already.

The only media articles I have seen are suggesting it will close the gap and allow the smaller clubs to invest, but clearly it won't as they don't have the cash to do it right now, or to sustain it, so really only the bigger clubs, who have a need to reinvest in their squads, will benefit. Which is pretty much just one club.
Everton and Wolves will also benefit tbf.

I, fwiw, don't think he will get sacked. What I think they have done is to install a manager not for his managerial skills but because he is likely to be compliant to the owners agenda. He has been brought in to compliment Woodward and run the team to make as much money as possible for the owners rather than win trophies.
Same MO as Wenger and Arsenal.

Maybe, but Wenger was a good coach ang good manager. Solskjaer isn’t either of those things and cannot make it through a press conference without mentioning ‘99 and/or Ferguson - he’s out of his depth and any half decent player will see through it

Wtf...Solskjäer

“There is a chance for everyone. They are all going to be a part of this. Well, most of them anyway. I always felt the first couple of weeks was a big chance for me to impress the gaffer (Sir Alex) and to show him that I am ready for the season.”
Has he managed to answer one single question posed to him by the media that doesn't reference / harp back to him?

What a frightening line up

Bruno Fernandes has the potential to be a world class attacking midfielder.
Wan Bissaka is a huge improvement on what they had.
James looks a decent option and an improvement.
Still leaves them miles away though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.