Away tickets

After reading most of the thread, I thought I’d look into getting my daughter a WHU ticket as now she is entitled to apply, ( 22 years of age, season ticket 13 years, 16000+ points )
First thing I realised that she can now apply for a WHU ticket before me as I only have 22000+ points ( season ticket 45 years )!

It came up on website that it was ‘restricted sale’ even though she is of the right criteria!

I can only guess that the 18-25 tickets have sold out ( no surprise )
Bloody hell City at least put it on the site somewhere!!

Well done for being there but plenty more than the 20,000+ pointers stood by City through the dark times otherwise we wouldn't have been getting 28,000 in the third division.

Put it to the club by all means but they'll be aware that 1894 put out a poll which 3000 city fans took part in and the largest number supported the changes. Not definitive but indicative, and if the club want to put it to season ticket holders, I'd be in support of that too. We'll see where it goes.

1894 are far more representative of the younger element of the support than they are inclusive of all. Any poll on 'social media' put out by them would be expected to draw support from their core grouping of supporters. It would be more representative of 'all' support if the club could be minded to poll all seasoncard holders across a variety of media that encompassed all … naturally you would agree in the interests of fairness for all!!!

Again I ask the question you fail to respond to … what about the group of supporters aged 26-40? Should they be excluded from any debate because they are stuck in the middle? They haven't had the same opportunities as the high point supporters but are to be excluded to allow 'new' supporters a chance? Why not a 26/40 5% free for all or are we getting silly now?

18/25 is a fine idea with qualification. If we wish to target those supporters then fine do so … but at the expense of other ring fenced support.

The criteria has always been points … if you wish to change the goalposts then do it wholesale and don't just target those that have tried their best to climb the ladder. There really shouldn't be short cuts in a system that supposedly rewards loyalty. Sadly in 45% of cases there are …

1894 are far more representative of the younger element of the support than they are inclusive of all. Any poll on 'social media' put out by them would be expected to draw support from their core grouping of supporters. It would be more representative of 'all' support if the club could be minded to poll all seasoncard holders across a variety of media that encompassed all … naturally you would agree in the interests of fairness for all!!!

Again I ask the question you fail to respond to … what about the group of supporters aged 26-40? Should they be excluded from any debate because they are stuck in the middle? They haven't had the same opportunities as the high point supporters but are to be excluded to allow 'new' supporters a chance? Why not a 26/40 5% free for all or are we getting silly now?

18/25 is a fine idea with qualification. If we wish to target those supporters then fine do so … but at the expense of other ring fenced support.

The criteria has always been points … if you wish to change the goalposts then do it wholesale and don't just target those that have tried their best to climb the ladder. There really shouldn't be short cuts in a system that supposedly rewards loyalty. Sadly in 45% of cases there are …

I mentioned it earlier in the thread mate. I'd have a ballot where those with the most points get the most tickets in the ballot and therefore the best chance of going. It's not perfect and still has problems for the youngsters but at least they get a decent chance to go to some high priority games rather than none. I think you make a fair point about the Twitter poll but it's the best we've got to go off so far but I'd happily put the question to all season ticket holders.

That’s a bit misleading. Our away support started to fall away when prices rocketed circa 2003 and kick off times became massively inconvenient, prior to that selling anything less than the full allocation was quite rare. For the most part, the period we were in Div 1 and Div 2 was defined by consistently taking huge followings all over the country.

Barring the rags and Liverpool you could take any team in the league and find games where they didn’t sell their allocation or take a big following.
Sorry mate Plymouth 3-2 defeat and Fulham 5-1 defeat there was enough room on the terraces for the fans to have a game of 5 aside if there'd been enough to pick from.

I don't really feel qualified to comment on this thread as, Wembley matches aside, I have attended three away matches since the Villa Park semi-final v Ipswich in 1981. The first was away to Newcastle when Tevez scored two when I was in the Gallowgate End (don't ask!) and the second was at Norwich in an FA Cup tie in the City support. This final one was at Celtic, when again I was in the home support area.

I am on around 10,000 points. This is likely to be sufficient to get me a ticket for any City match at Wembley and hopefully any Champions League final. So the current system suits me. It's enough of a trek to get to home matches from Edinburgh before thinking about away matches.

However, unless things change, away tickets are likely to get harder to obtain for a lot of away matches. Employing a strict points system is likely to result in City's away support consisting of mostly of pensioners over time. Or do I misunderstand the mechanics of how things work?

Not complaining. Just noticeable.

I can never workout how kids with their parent/s manage to get away ticket’s.

Can you bequeath your away points to your Grand Children when you pass away?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.