Away tickets

Just curious, but if City had been given an unrestricted allocation of tickets for all the PL away games last season, then how many times would we have comfortably exceeded 3,000?

I would guess Arsenal on the opening day, and then Liverpool and Huddersfield, plus the last three at United, Burnley and Brighton.

For the other games, (such as midweek trips to Tottenham, Watford, Newcastle, and Everton), I’m not so sure
Arsenal went to quite low points, surprisingly

No one is disagreeing - corporate is a necessity to the success of the club, but it should be proportional. I don't remember the exact figures and don't want to guess, but I remember we were giving twice the number of tickets to corporate than United and Liverpool were.

Also, people in Joes and 9320 are paying more for their season tickets than I am, but to continue your analogy - the difference wouldn't afford Sane much additional shitting time.
We have far fewer corporate fans than Uinted but give a higher percentage of tickets to them, go figure?

I believe all Blues should have equal access to tickets. That's why I personally favour a ballot system, or any other system that gives an equal chance for tickets to everybody.

I don't agree that somebody that has been lucky enough to have the time and money to do all aways for the last X number of years, is somehow more deserving than somebody that hasn't had that opportunity.
How many points do you have?

A better question would be how many didn't sellout, the ones that did would obviously have attracted more than 3k.

But I think each game would need to be looked at individually taking into account distance, time of game, time of year, importance and probably loads of other stuff.

In my defence, I said "comfortably" exceed more than 3000,

The mitigation you cited, is the main reason why I asked the question, because apart from the obvious games ,I don't believe that we have thousands of disappointed fans when it comes to away tickets selling out.

Fair play to those that go to every away game, they have the time and finances that can afford to do it. They deserve to have first choice of tickets. I reckon that a certain amount of tickets, say 20%, should go to a ballot, pick the games that you would like to go to at the start of the season and take your chance.

The mitigation you cited, is the main reason why I asked the question, because apart from the obvious games ,I don't believe that we have thousands of disappointed fans when it comes to away tickets selling out.
Neither do I, 5k for local aways plus some never go to a game usually bods for a few months.

half of the games last year went on general sale or didn’t sell out.

Last edited:
Many who wanted the opportunity to buy tickets also wanted to boost their ticket points total and work their way up

Unless your one of the 5% brigade that’s not gonna happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.