Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sané goes and I’m still not convinced he will. He is better off at city and with pep for his own personal development. Hopefully he wakes up and realises that.
If mendy gets back to full fitness he may try and use zinky on the left.
Not the same attacking flair but will do what pep demands. Has good delivery and works back.
The thing with Sane though he can change a tight game against the best teams.
A rare commodity

I would hope that when it comes to sporting decisions, said fans would consider 198 points and 6 trophies in 2 season's as evidence that those who run the club know what they are doing and can be trusted not to fuck it up.

We are good but not perfect. This deal brought to you by the makers of Mangala extension.

That’s a joke by the way.

If it does happen there will be a lot of angry City fans at how this has been handled. City should have called this off as soon as Bayern started showing off.
Surely we have to acknowledge that Leroy has a say in this it's not just the two clubs. If it's true that Leroy has made it clear he wants to go to Bayern then City are being professional not gobbing off in the media and will now work on getting the price they want. I don't see how anyone can blame the club. IF any of the media reports they have obviously respected Leroy and given him plenty of time to decide he has chosen nothing more City can do.

Bayern responding officially is interesting. Reads to me more like a "keep you mouths shut so we don't blow this thing" more than a denial, but who knows.

That's how I read it. Someone leaked it to the German press and now Pep's friends at Bayern, Hoeness and KHR, are doing some damage control so as to not screw it up. But just like last week when Kovac got told to apologise publicly, they reported it because they were told it and it is happening or at least being negotiated.

Look at it from the club's perspective. Right now, we get around 100m. Maybe a little more or a little less. If we are pretty sure he won't renew, the club has 3 options.

Sell now and replace, probably get ripped off.

Sell now and don't replace, use what we have

Keep him for a year, potentially destabilising the all-important squad harmony and losing 30m.

With option 3, maybe he decides to sign. Or maybe he has a great season and we still get a similar amount to now. But those are by no means certain, Especially if he's sat on the bench.

Surely we have to acknowledge that Leroy has a say in this it's not just the two clubs. If it's true that Leroy has made it clear he wants to go to Bayern then City are being professional not gobbing off in the media and will now work on getting the price they want. I don't see how anyone can blame the club. IF any of the media reports they have obviously respected Leroy and given him plenty of time to decide he has chosen nothing more City can do.
I think the only criticism can be that the deal leaves city no real time to do much business to cover him. However if it’s true Pep is happy with what he has in wide areas then that’s good enough for me. Cancelo in as well and we’re good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.