Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I read it. Someone leaked it to the German press and now Pep's friends at Bayern, Hoeness and KHR, are doing some damage control so as to not screw it up. But just like last week when Kovac got told to apologise publicly, they reported it because they were told it and it is happening or at least being negotiated.
Agreed. I would be very surprised if Bayern's sudden change of tone didn't correlate very closely with talks beginning. Biggest sign to me yet that there actually are negotiations underway.

Why then has pep been saying for a year that we want to keep sane? he clearly likes 2 wingers

He's been saying it for a year because Leroy has been keeping us waiting for a year over a contract renewal.

Leroy is a top talent but Pep is also on record saying that he won't keep any player who doesn't want to be here.

Thing is Karen, this is Manchester City FC 2019, not 2005.

We are the Kings of England and don't need to feel any player is doing us a favour by sticking around.

Stands to reason we would love to keep Leroy around, but it has to be a two-way street.

Liverpool lost Suarez and Coutinho, yet they used that cash to take another step forward.

Pep and the club must feel we can do likewise if we agree to a sale of Leroy.

Good luck to the kid, anyhow. He's brought some great moments.

If we're really desperate for a winger, there's a pretty decent one at Madrid we can get on loan!

Is this what they term meltdown -;)

I guess "meltdown" would be like around 60 negative, obscene posts per minute. We're still not there.
Agreed. Scumbags.

Nobody seems to have raised the question why only Bayern seem to be at the table and City have been unable to kick-start an auction?

This is player driven.

I did not think about that. Makes a lot of sense if the case.

What Tolmie is saying is that City are fine with selling Sané. If you're OK with selling someone who chooses to leave then tanking the deal over some comments in the media doesn't make sense.

Bayern have created a Dutch auction. We shouldn’t go along with it.

He's been saying it for a year because Leroy has been keeping us waiting for a year over a contract renewal.

Leroy is a top talent but Pep is also on record saying that he won't keep any player who doesn't want to be here.

Thing is Karen, this is Manchester City FC 2019, not 2005.

We are the Kings of England and don't need to feel any player is doing us a favour by sticking around.

Stands to reason we would love to keep Leroy around, but it has to be a two-way street.

Liverpool lost Suarez and Coutinho, yet they used that cash to take another step forward.

Pep and the club must feel we can do likewise if we agree to a sale of Leroy.

Good luck to the kid, anyhow. He's brought some great moments.

If we're really desperate for a winger, there's a pretty decent one at Madrid we can get on loan!

What have you started!

Surely we have to acknowledge that Leroy has a say in this it's not just the two clubs. If it's true that Leroy has made it clear he wants to go to Bayern then City are being professional not gobbing off in the media and will now work on getting the price they want. I don't see how anyone can blame the club. IF any of the media reports they have obviously respected Leroy and given him plenty of time to decide he has chosen nothing more City can do.
My opinion back in April was
Why do you say we let him go, we have no choice , it’s entirely down to him.
The player has the control, always did have if he made it clear he wants to leave for Bayern we have to drive the best deal we can, we were never going to write off nearly £100 mill just to spite Bayern or the player. It's not a game it's a business and it's a huge amount of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.