Academy players you think will make it

A lot of City's kids may have imo.

I thought Bernabe was disappointing on the few occasions I watched him on tv in the kids' teams but I thought he played with more intelligence than half the first team in recent games.

This. Didn’t rate him at all watching him for the age group teams but he was quality on this tour.

He might be one of those players that plays up a level when playing with better players.

A lot of City's kids may have imo.

I thought Bernabe was disappointing on the few occasions I watched him on tv in the kids' teams but I thought he played with more intelligence than half the first team in recent games.

Playing up a level with better teammates, or playing up a level when not coached by Paul Harsley?

Playing up a level with better teammates, or playing up a level when not coached by Paul Harsley?

I think some of Angelino's generation, for example, may have become players if given the chance to play more often in real games with top players rather than stagnating here, or sent on loan to kick & rush clubs.

I think some of these kids are closer to first team level in their positions now, than Zinchenko was when he was put in at fullback & if they play a bit more, we will see some first teamers develop.

You havent seen that much of him then.

For the EDS last season he was very inconsistent and went missing in a few games.He does have the talent and ability to be a star though.
Yes, I've not seen that much of him. And I didn't really mean that he played well whenever I saw him. But there's something about the way he moves and behaves on the ball which impresses me.

From the limited amount I've seen I'd guess Thb, barnabe, frimpong and Bernabe, Garcia and Doyle have bright futures.

Also touazi- but maybe not at city.

Really liked the look of THB, seems to have a bit more physicality than Garcia and very calm under pressure. Although also think Garcia looks a great prospect and loved watching him order Otamendi about in the League Cup. Usually defensive players go under the radar at youth level so great we've got 2 very promising players.

If Sané does go and we don't replace him, is there anyone coming through on the wings who might pick up a cup game or two because of it?

Bolton, Poveda, Bernabe, Knight were all in the tour squad and Garré, Fiorini and Frimpong all spent time on the wings last season.

Last edited:
If Sané does go and we don't replace him, is there anyone coming through on the wings who might pick up a cup game or two because of it?

Bolton, Poveda, Bernabe, Knight were all in the tour squad and Garré, Fiorini and Frimpong all spent time on the wings last season.

Rogers isn’t an out and out winger, but he can play on the left and cut inside. He’s far more physically developed than the likes of Bernabe, Poveda and Knight too

Presumably Bernabe and Poveda are at the top of the pecking order, but obviously they’re a million miles away from Sane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.