Intermittent fasting.

Throughout June I was doing 4 days a week of only having my lunch at work as one meal a day, felt really good for it and saved a load of money! In January I tried doing a 48 hour fast, a lad at work did 72 hours before, but I started feeling a bit shit at about hour 34 so ate. Really recommend it if you've spent the weekend on the piss.

Interesting. Can I ask why people are doing and what they have gained (weight loss, lower cholesterol etc)? I tend to eat dinner around 8/8:30 and then tend to avoid breakfast most days anyway.
I developed my own system, having put on 3.5 stone thru taking large amounts of steroids for a medical condition. I lost all the excess weight in about 8 months. My method was based on the 5:2 diet. (The associated recipe book is worth getting). I did this:
1. Mon to Fri.
No 'white carbs'. So no bread, sugar, cakes, biscuits, refined flour, spuds, pasta etc etc.
2. On two of those days, semi fasting with a limit of 300/500 cals. Home made soup, pho, fish are winners. Lots of water and black coffee, recently found to aid weight loss.
3. Non fasting days. Eat healthily. So lots of green leaves, oily fish, chicken, nuts, seeds, berries, natural yoghurt, eggs, full fat dairy is ok.
4. Weekend.
Eat what you want, but healthily and sensibly. See 3 above. AND carbs allowed within sensible limits So, on Sunday I allowed myself wholemeal bread at breakfast and roasties at dinner. Occasional sweet treats allowed.
5 Alcohol ok in moderation. One small glass of wine is max allowed on the two diet days.
6. Timing tended to be : nothing before 12 noon, except coffee, water. Eat between noon and 10pm., so 14 hours "off". Sunday breakfast allowed.
7. I am lucky to be retired, so I walked at least 2 miles per day.

As I say, it worked wonders for me, but tragedy struck. Medical condition took a big turn for the worse and I was back on the steroids and ballooned up again! So, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start all over again. Stone and a half gone so far!
I think this business is very idiosyncratic and you have to find what works for you.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I've mentioned it before in the keto thread that I went to Berlin for 10 days in June and came out of keto to indulge in beers, bread, potatoes, ice cream etc and it was shocking after a week how hungry I was again. Same with the missus. We were stuffing our faces like we hadn't done for ages and became really bloated and moody.

It's quite interesting learning about your gut biome and the bacteria in it and how much that effects your eating habits and general well being. Personally, I believe my gut much prefers a fatty diet. It just feels sooo much better down there. I was a huge farter from a carb diet but now I fart once or twice a day, much to my partners delight, except when we were in Berlin and we were both at it non stop, because we were having a carb fest.
And probably eating far less nowadays means less to trump out too.
Have you thought about starting a wind farm?

I don't eat on a tuesday, stumbled into it a decade ago after a chat with my mildly eccentric vet. I wanted a woman terrier spade and was concerned at the thought of her putting weight on (per every expert and google), the vet laffed at me ignorance and explained that the terrier would be at 90% afterr the hop or another way of looking at it was the 90% was her new 100% and subtracting 10% from her dish cause she was no longer absolutely prime would rectify the job. The vet had rung the bell with the way he explained, middle age spread is a myth, we cant stop eating like we're 100% prime, or we cant admit we're not 100% prime.
Weight loss itself via if is like chatting about the bleedin obvious, what it does is give your internal organs a day off (personally i 24hr it) something they seldom get...it also re-invigorates stuff in your body (which ive forgot the name of/mitochondria?) that's under the impression its starving to death (knee cartilage might be one of them). Stanley mathews was an exponent of it, he never ate on a monday...presumably he carb-up on a sunday in the saturday 3pm yrs.
Dont fast and exercise...thats simply a shit diet.

Last edited:
I fast Monday, Wednesday and until the evening on Fridays. If work or something means a night out on a fasting day, I simply swap the days around.

It's worked for me over the years, shedding over 20Kg.

And no drinking during the week.

I don't eat on a tuesday, stumbled into it a decade ago after a chat with my mildly eccentric vet. I wanted a woman terrier spade and was concerned at the thought of her putting weight on (per every expert and google), the vet laffed at me ignorance and explained that the terrier would be at 90% afterr the hop or another way of looking at it was the 90% was her new 100% and subtracting 10% from her dish cause she was no longer absolutely prime would rectify the job. The vet had rung the bell with the way he explained, middle age spread is a myth, we cant stop eating like we're 100% prime, or we cant admit we're not 100% prime.
Weight loss itself via if is like chatting about the bleedin obvious, what it does is give your internal organs a day off (personally i 24hr it) something they seldom get...it also re-invigorates stuff in your body (which ive forgot the name of/mitochondria?) that's under the impression its starving to death (knee cartilage might be one of them). Stanley mathews was an exponent of it, he never ate on a monday...presumably he carb-up on a sunday in the saturday 3pm yrs.
Dont fast and exercise...thats simply a shit diet.
Autophagy.

Yea mate, you can set the times to whatever suits you best. 1 -9 suits me as I go to the gym in the evenings so after a session, I just load up on carbs and protein. It does take some time to get used to but the key is to drink loads of water as it fills you up. Obviously you still eat healthy its not a pass to eat rubbish.

Appreciate that, thnx pal. I waited till 12.30 today, so 8.30 finish it is - I reckon i’ll settle into something like 1-9 like you do. I can get through the morning with 2 or 3 big mugs of tea, but your advice about drinking lots of water is good too.

I have been doing this 8 hours eating window for a few weeks and finally managed to get down from 110kg to 99kg. Much needed and feel so much better for it. Now for 95kg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.