Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very rarely after an ACL injury is a player back to normal. He might be ok for pace if he can fully extend and stability might be back to 95% plus but never 100% but the main issue will be confidence . Every time he jumps, turns, reacts instinctively there'll be a doubt and that will cost him. Sad because i like him as a player. If he had pushed the issue perhaps and not played the clubs off against each other, ( In my opinion his team drew it out to bump up his conditions) he would have been in Germany right now, having been rested for the Community Shield.

Maybe in the past, but with modern science 100% recovery is much more common and he has youth on his side. Will be interesting to see if the Ox comes back the same his injury was much more severe and he also relies on his pace and dribbling. Aslong as Sane isn't rushed back which i doubt he will be he'll be okay.

Very rarely after an ACL injury is a player back to normal. He might be ok for pace if he can fully extend and stability might be back to 95% plus but never 100% but the main issue will be confidence . Every time he jumps, turns, reacts instinctively there'll be a doubt and that will cost him. Sad because i like him as a player. If he had pushed the issue perhaps and not played the clubs off against each other, ( In my opinion his team drew it out to bump up his conditions) he would have been in Germany right now, having been rested for the Community Shield.

No he wouldn't, Bayern have never offered any money for him whatsoever.

Maybe this injury can be a turning point for Sané - He will feel the love and support from the club and sign the dotted line. Here's to hoping :D

No harm in being optimistic, mate. There’s no actual evidence (to my knowledge) that he was agitating for a move. Like Raz last year, he knows his value and was certainly digging his heels in for the best possible deal. And having Bayern sniffing round wouldn’t do his case any harm.

For me, the best outcome would be him signing the deal and making an unequivocal public statement of commitment.

Regardless of his non-selection at the back end of last season, his prospects at City are fantastic.

Of course we could both be completely wrong. However I don’t generally assume someone’s a cnut unless or until they show themselves worthy of the tag.

I'm no doctor but i guess all the get well soon posts from City players means this is more than 2-4 months out? are we looking full season?
ACL is full season as shown recently by Gundog, Oxlade Chamberlain and less recently Keane, Shearer and loads of others. He will make a full recovery but to do that means 9 months at least and then a good pre season next time round probably

ACL is full season as shown recently by Gundog, Oxlade Chamberlain and less recently Keane, Shearer and loads of others. He will make a full recovery but to do that means 9 months at least and then a good pre season next time round probably
I thought 'damage' as described rather than 'ruptured or torn' may mean it wasnt as bad.

I'm no doctor but i guess all the get well soon posts from City players means this is more than 2-4 months out? are we looking full season?
Everyone heals at a different rate so it's difficult to say. The worst thing in the UK is the timing of an ACL injury at the beginning of the season means even a short time out could mean coming back just as the cold and wet (or should I say wetter) weather arrives. Playing games in Dec, Jan and Feb won't be good after a serious injury so even if he is back he'll be played sparingly.

Fingers crossed for the lad, though.

ACL isn't an injury, it's a ligament there are varying degrees of injury to it, all have different recovery times. Wasn't KDB 's first one a couple of years ago about 12 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.