West Ham (a) pre-match thread

West Ham United vs City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant man management by Pep. Everyone knows Bernardo and Sergio are probably the first names on the team sheet, but this is a new season and everyone is expecting a little bit more from Jesus and Mahrez. Putting them in the first game of the season is the perfect chance for them to show Pep what they can do.

It’s also great for Mahrez’s psychology. If he starts this season on the bench again, it just feels like an extension of last season and maybe he isn’t as engaged and switched on. Coming straight into the team SHOULD really get him focused on claiming a place in this team. He should feel different going out onto that pitch today. He’s won the AFCON, he’s fit and ready, he ended the season with a great goal at Brighton. I think he’ll continue.

Was thinking the same thing, he really seems to be a guy that has to be backed and made to feel like he's playing a big part, rather than a bit part.

Starting him in the opener sends that message, it's up to him now to take his chance - especially with Leroy out until next year.

Surprised no Angelino on the bench to be honest. Hope he is up to our standard desperate for him to do well now he has returned but he didn't have the best pre season now he is dropped for the first game.

I'd have called the guy who had Mahrez over Bernardo in his first XI foolish...

Bernardo didn't look sharp during the preseason and wasn't exactly brilliant against Liverpool either. Hope he regains form quickly.
I don’t remember who it was, but he started it by saying “call me bonkers, but...”

It was a great call!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.