Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No way Walker doesn't start v. Spurs and no way Pep slots in 2 CDMs or uses Rodri or Ferns as an attacking midfielder... also Bernie won't play on the left as Mahrez can't play on the left (as yet). And Angelino starting as LB... the more I look at this, is it a wind up? I mean, you do have Eddie in goal so it's semi legit...
He's played Gundogan or KDB in much deeper positions alongside Dinho in big games before. Bernardo basically played as a CDM at Klanfield last year.

Yeah I understand that Mahrez had a great game, but...
He picks a front 3 from Sterling, Aguero, Mahrez, Jesus and Bernardo.
He picks a midfield 3 from Rodri, Kev, Dave, Gundog and Fernandinho.

I just don’t get this idea that he plays Bernie OR Dave

I wouldn’t be surprised if he picks both of them for spurs.
front six of:

Rodri

Kev
Dave

Mahrez
Raz
Bernie

might be interesting, albeit has Bernie ever played on the left?
Raheem could certainly cause Spuds issues through the middle.

front six of:

Rodri

Kev
Dave

Mahrez
Raz
Bernie

might be interesting, albeit has Bernie ever played on the left?
Raheem could certainly cause Spuds issues through the middle.

What a squad of players we have. I’d be surprised if Sergio doesn’t start. I don’t envy Pep keeping this group of players happy.

Fast start needed. I’d personally go for this.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko

Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo

Mahrez
Jesus
Sterling

If we’re winning after an hour then bring David and Fernandinho on to control the game and see it out. In fact, whatever the situation is I’d bring David on, although I’m 100% certain he will start.

Jesus offsides - 38 in 69 games
Aguero offside - 188 in 240 games

Jesus - 0.55 offsides per game
Aguero - 0.78 offsides per game

That stay doesn't factor in the number of times he's so far offsides the play breaks down. A stat like this is rubbish for telling anyone who is actually offsides more... It's like a stat that compares the number of speeding tickets 2 blokes have- it may be indicative that the one with more speeds more often but if the one with less has only been driving a fraction as long and is speeding so fast on occasion his car breaks down before the copper nabs him or so fast the speed gun breaks... pointless.

Last edited:
He's played Gundogan or KDB in much deeper positions alongside Dinho in big games before. Bernardo basically played as a CDM at Klanfield last year.
Gundo and KDB have final third quality and thus playing deeper with a dedicated holding mid makes sense as they can drop back then move forward as needed. Playing 2 players who are not noted for their offensive playmaking together limits the attack.

Think we need more legs in midfield for this 1 think we should be wasing rodri in off the bench.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko

Fernandinho
Kdb
Bernardo

Mahrez
Jesus
Sterling

I think we are going to batter you. And by that I mean we are going to try and outmuscle you in midfield, overwhelm you with our physicality or, in other words, try to kick you off the park. That is what Sissoko and Ndombele are there for. And i won't be surprised to see our nasty, snidey, little shit Lamela playing too. (Sadly Alli won't be fit enough to really piss you off with his cheating cocky ways).

We are not West Ham. We can play. And we will want to play in your half and we think we can win. Maybe this our year to beat you. We'll need a bit of luck but it is possible.

And you are right. It is a proper test for Rodri. Lets see how good he is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.