FIFA investigation: No transfer ban

Ziegler in today s Times is worth reading for context, size and scale of the 2 offenders.
For once he comes across as fair and almost balanced.
Perhaps he hates both clubs !

Someone's obviously been in contact to put him straight after his pile of shite yesterday.

UEFA CAN implement fines, expulsion from their competitions & a transfer ban on City.

HOWEVER, the transfer ban only covers UEFA competitions, not the Premier League. I could live with that if forced to.
They can't. They limited the amount of players we could register in their competition before but a) that was a negotiated settlement that we agreed to and b) we still got to choose which 21 players we registered.

Apologies if that didn't make sense. I'll try to explain better.

There's a legal argument that City would likely win in court because the Football Leaks documents were obtained illegally, no? We also already settled with UEFA who via this agreement acknowledged that we broke FFP rules and would accept the fine and smaller squad size.

A number of our outspoken fans on Twitter who appear to understand legal matters/accounting/running a club suggest City won't be banned because UEFA's legal argument is not strong and we could sue them (I believe).

My point is such a lawsuit will make the club look even poorer in the eyes of the public because even if the documents were obtained illegally, and there was a settlement, is anyone arguing what City did isn't true? Trying to hide behind a technicality in court, when we are already dealing with a constant barrage of negative press would make us look even worse, possibly, to the public and we would be smeared significantly. Is that what the club wants to help it grow?

With the PSG FFP revelations in Tariq Panja's piece in the NY Times on how they got away with no punishment for the summer of Neymar and Mbappe, UEFA are under even more pressure to do something about the Football Leaks "revelations" with City because of what appears to be some form of corruption (disagreement between one body who felt they clearly violated FFP, vs. the former Belgian PM, Yves Leterme, who disagreed and ironically enough is the lead investigator/decision maker in our case now, and who many are led to believe dislikes us).

And of course Yves Leterme, ironically enough, is the one who is deciding our fate and the other NY Times article is very set on punishing us/giving us a CL ban.

He looks quite bad from the PSG investigation. You think he will want to do the same thing (i.e. let us walk with little to no punishment) after that it was revealed he let PSG walk when the former judge who helped investigate PSG, Cunha Rodrigues said, “The decision to close the case, was manifestly erroneous.”?

That is what has me concerned.
We're taking them to CAS over a lack of due and fair process.

Ziegler in today s Times is worth reading for context, size and scale of the 2 offenders.
For once he comes across as fair and almost balanced.
Perhaps he hates both clubs !
He obviously received his letter then, or his editor did.

Yep.

"The accusation of financial irregularities are entirely false. The Club’s published accounts are full and complete and a matter of legal and regulatory record."
Yep, @PrezIke seems quite happy to believe we're guilty as charged regardless. Strange...

They can't. They limited the amount of players we could register in their competition before but a) that was a negotiated settlement that we agreed to and b) we still got to choose which 21 players we registered.
They can implement transfer bans, but they're only enforceable in European competitions. Look it up mate, I was surprised too.

If you think about all the sanctions they levied on us, none of it applied domestically, so neither would a Champions League transfer ban.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.