FIFA investigation: No transfer ban

The Spunkcafe thread on this is fucking tremendous.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/city-avoid-transfer-ban.449835/

They are fucking ill with it.

I’ve said it many times on here before - Red Cafe is a decent forum with plenty of good posters. You can often have a good debate on there even as a rival fan - probably because it’s not as tribal as this place - but fuck me, that thread is an utter car crash save for the odd sensible comment. Most of the usual whoppers from that forum have popped up to have their say in a, cough cough, very constructive way with a fair bit of casual racism thrown in for good measure. They have the cheek to laugh about agenda/bias threads on here but a lot of the posters on that thread are guilty of the exact same thing. It’s every bit as rabid as any thread I’ve ever seen on here.

While there are some utterly hilarious comments on there, post of the thread - in fact post of the year - surely goes to City fan Manchester Dan with his “I hope we appeal the fine” comment. The perfect riposte in a cesspool of utter shite and guaranteed to send the piss boiling to Icelandic geyser levels!

Last edited:
There`s a good, short piece in The Martin Samuel Column, 15 August, entitled, `City Reprieve is a Sort of Progress`.
It`s the last football related piece below his damning verdicts on Sanchez and Pogba.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ster-United-hell-end-like-Alexis-Sanchez.html
"CITY REPRIEVE IS A SORT OF PROGRESS
Chelsea are no doubt livid to be serving a FIFA-imposed transfer ban, only to see Manchester City given a £315,000 fine for similar offences surrounding the signing of youth players. Yet this is progress, of sorts.

When Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain were sanctioned by UEFA over financial fair play, their penalties were identical although their economic transgressions could not have been. It was a crass, blanket punishment as if the clubs — or more likely their Arab owners — were all the same.

This at least distinguishes between cases and offences. FIFA's own rules surrounding admission of guilt have changed, which benefited City — but there also appears to be an attempt to explore the nuances of the two offences, with Chelsea's judged more serious.

This is surely better than one-size-fits-all, or the view that all new money is equally distasteful."

'similar offences' that's good? it could be worse I suppose

"CITY REPRIEVE IS A SORT OF PROGRESS
Chelsea are no doubt livid to be serving a FIFA-imposed transfer ban, only to see Manchester City given a £315,000 fine for similar offences surrounding the signing of youth players. Yet this is progress, of sorts.

When Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain were sanctioned by UEFA over financial fair play, their penalties were identical although their economic transgressions could not have been. It was a crass, blanket punishment as if the clubs — or more likely their Arab owners — were all the same.

This at least distinguishes between cases and offences. FIFA's own rules surrounding admission of guilt have changed, which benefited City — but there also appears to be an attempt to explore the nuances of the two offences, with Chelsea's judged more serious.

This is surely better than one-size-fits-all, or the view that all new money is equally distasteful."

'similar offences' that's good? it could be worse I suppose
C'mon George, the overall piece is subtle yet pro City. It gets in a number of key points in our favour and recognises the blanket anti Arab line being wrongly peddled by some in the press who should know better.

C'mon George, the overall piece is subtle yet pro City. It gets in a number of key points in our favour and recognises the blanket anti Arab line being wrongly peddled by some in the press who should know better.
Subtle for sure - I think he should be considerably more voluble about the cockroaches peddling their anti City hatespeak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.