Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Spurs (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the most hated team in London. Personally I love it. Woolwich and Chelsea even have a nice little love in when they play each other and sing anti-Spurs songs together. It's quite sweet really.
Don't confuse contempt with hate.

Yes, but Spurs are one of only two domestic sides who will come to your place and genuinely #believe they can win.

I wonder what the City team thinks, that spuds are faster, fitter, a better team, I think not. You know and I know who has the better team and the better players. If the spuds don't think they can win tomorrow they have no place in professional sport, but just like you and me they know who is the better team.

Can’t see anything other than a comfortable City win - and not just because City have the proven best team and squad in the league anyway. Also in their favour is that the game will be at the Etihad; that Spurs have some key injuries / suspensions; and that Spurs under Poch usually start the season slowly (in terms of performances, at least, if not results).

JPBB is right that Spurs will try to be positive and will try to believe that they can win (rather than merely, as most away teams do at the Etihad, hoping for a draw). But I don’t expect it to make too much difference to the result.

Have a feeling Cancelo and Otem will play with 3 at the back and Zinchenko, Walker missing out.
I could see them starting with a 3 5 2 formation but it would need Mendy fit for it to work. As much as I like Zinchenko, his ability to play as a wingback is nowhere near as good as Mendy. As a left back I prefer him to Mendy which is mad considering their known roles are the opposite to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.