Punk and New Wave thread.

I’m with you, I like loads of different music and still listen to the likes of Slade, (I know, Gam Rock), Deep Purple, Rainbow, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Nazareth and Hendrix, these were the artists of my teenager years and evoke some great memories, apart from it being a time when City were almost every season absolute dog shit!

All those artists feature in my album collection, most of them heavily (sic!).

I grew up on Glam rock and it has influenced my musical taste massively. T.Rex were my first musical love - Bolan was another who wanted to be Led Zep (Zinc Alloy...). Slade were more concerned with being the Beatles; bought a Jim Lea solo album a few months back.

on a new wave slant, these were very underated

Played back up to The Jam at The Apollo IIRC (I saw a lot of concerts back then, so not 100%). One of them was Foxton’s brother or some shit like that. Wore their only “famous” album out, and not just the “Turning Japanese” track!

P.S. Brilliant thread! Thanks for all the YouTube videos! Going to be a great listening weekend!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.