Is passion being stripped out of the game?

fuck the refs off and have robots as they only blow the whistle to start the game and end it.i thought it would be too difficult to skew the rules when on telly etc.how fucking wrong was i

According to the letter of the law the goal was correctly disallowed. That said the laws on handball have been changed to comply with VAR, that is the issue for me. As many have said how can the foul on Rodri be missed? Oliver was looking at it so either he didn't genuinely believe it was a penalty, which if true then he is unfit to referee. If he did see it then he is corrupt. Either way he should not referee a game again. The fore arm smash by rose on Bernardo again unpunished and and a free kick awarded to rose. So what did he or his officials see? Maybe the answer would be to give each team 2 challenges or sack it off completely because in it's current form it is not fit for purpose.

The problem isn't so much VAR, but the application of it. More specifically, the lack of consistency in how it is applied per game.

We've been fucked over this season and last already, genuinely now feels like any and all means to stop city winning the league again. Can't help but feel that if spurs scored that last goal, then no way is there a VAR review.

Know I sound paranoid, but that's where we are. We seem to face a VAR review for every phase of play leading up to a goal for us. It's shite to experience as a fan, and yesterday's example was just purely unfair and against the spirit of the game. But hey, it stopped city winning.

So exactly the same as the officials, but just another layer of shite. So instead of PiGMOL and their officials being held to account,
we can all just say nasty VAR. It's beyond a fucking joke and if you see what I've posted about VAR since the last World Cup, you'll
know I fucking knew it. I'm not gloating, but I'm well aware of what lengths big business will go to, when money is involved.

The passion was taken out of the beautiful game long ago, probably at the start of the Premier League/ Chums League introduction.

It's far too sterile now, but having said that so is much of life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.