Gender pay gap in football

Not in my lifetime.....! Especially them USA buggers, taking the piss out of our ladies, they shouldn't get more money, even when I'm dead...!
Why shouldn’t the USA women receive the same as the USA men from US Soccer, in your opinion?

Why does the chief executive of Tesco get paid more than the guy who runs the corner grocery shop with 2 staff? They are both the person in control of a grocery shop - just one is a lot bigger than another. Equal pay for women in sport generally is a disgrace. If I do the same job as a woman I would expect her to get the same pay (or slightly more or less depending on competence). But we are not talking about the same job people need to understand it is completely different. If women footballers want equal pay - they should play the mens game - then it is the same job, else it is a market rate, and unfortunately women football (and tennis and most other sports) is substandard. Professional sportsman are paid based upon interest levels.
Why don't Macc Town players get paid same as Man City players? Same job !! But completely different interest level based upon the quality of the product.

Why does the chief executive of Tesco get paid more than the guy who runs the corner grocery shop with 2 staff? They are both the person in control of a grocery shop - just one is a lot bigger than another. Equal pay for women in sport generally is a disgrace. If I do the same job as a woman I would expect her to get the same pay (or slightly more or less depending on competence). But we are not talking about the same job people need to understand it is completely different. If women footballers want equal pay - they should play the mens game - then it is the same job, else it is a market rate, and unfortunately women football (and tennis and most other sports) is substandard. Professional sportsman are paid based upon interest levels.
Why don't Macc Town players get paid same as Man City players? Same job !! But completely different interest level based upon the quality of the product.
The USA women bring in more money than the men.

International teams should be paid the same, it's a bit of a stretch to apply that same apples to apples comparison to men and womens game though. In time this will probably change if the womens game gains another level and rightly so.

The USA women bring in more money than the men.

Is that correct? I have looked at an article based on information from the US soccer website and they quote these two statistics. Or is this thread about the pay in their respective league careers and not international salaries?

According to a letter released Monday by U.S. Soccer President Carlos Cordeiro, the federation paid out $34.1 million in salary and game bonuses to the women between 2010 and 2018 as opposed to $26.4 million paid to the men.

And then this.

USSF also says the men’s team generates more revenue. The women’s team generated $101.3 million over the course of 238 games between 2009 and 2019 while the men generated $185.7 over 191 games, according to the federation.

Is this incorrect information they are peddling?

Source. https://time.com/5638395/us-womens-soccer-equitable-pay/

My opinion. If they generate more cash than the men then their pay should reflect that. If they don't it shouldn't.

Is that correct? I have looked at an article based on information from the US soccer website and they quote these two statistics. Or is this thread about the pay in their respective league careers and not international salaries?

According to a letter released Monday by U.S. Soccer President Carlos Cordeiro, the federation paid out $34.1 million in salary and game bonuses to the women between 2010 and 2018 as opposed to $26.4 million paid to the men.

And then this.

USSF also says the men’s team generates more revenue. The women’s team generated $101.3 million over the course of 238 games between 2009 and 2019 while the men generated $185.7 over 191 games, according to the federation.

Is this incorrect information they are peddling?

Source. https://time.com/5638395/us-womens-soccer-equitable-pay/

My opinion. If they generate more cash than the men then their pay should reflect that. If they don't it shouldn't.
They bring in higher TV viewing figures and higher attendances, they've had more success. If they're not earning more that's probably down to time delays in sponsorship deals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.