Match of the Day - 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just me that thinks the wolves one is a penalty then?

The burnley player goes to ground, doesn't get the ball and takes the attacker out.

It's a penalty
Not clear cut for me. I've watched it a few times and still can't decide.
Motd quite an eye opener tonight. Ok they went on a bit about the walker possible red card. But they didn't show or even discuss the edison yellow. Very strange.
Crouch is a decent pundit, seems to have no agenda, chats with a smile on his face, I like him.

Great end to the show with the Adebayor celebration!

I had a look at that Vardy tweet they just showed and the comments underneath are brilliant

Very clever by MOTD to allow the commentator to confirm rationale of high bar requirement to overturn onfield ref.

Allows them to talk about other aspects of the game with studio guests including PL VAR Ambassador Shearer...

Can reply to complaints that time constraints & fact commentator covered incident didnt allow studio comments.

Andy Gray for Bein is telling it as it really ìs

"ok guys, so this week mo salah had a stonewall penalty denied (just like henderson last week), despite referee having a clear unobstructed view. but our pundits are going to completely ignore the incident, and instead spend half our post-match analysis discussing how alexander arnold had two bookable offences only given as fouls. because clearly this was the far greater injustice."

times like these i'm glad i don't pay my licence fee : )

Absolutely no consistency with VAR from week to week , especially penalty shouts , it just looks like whoever is on the VAR machine is deciding the outcome of games , or they have piled on the Dippers to win the title at 5/2.

Absolutely no consistency with VAR from week to week , especially penalty shouts , it just looks like whoever is on the VAR machine is deciding the outcome of games , or they have piled on the Dippers to win the title at 5/2.
It looks like shit, it smells like shit, it even tastes like shit, it must be, it is, it's VAR.

Great end to the show with the Adebayor celebration!

I had a look at that Vardy tweet they just showed and the comments underneath are brilliant

Noticeable how generally well-behaved the Blades fans are in the face of a blatant provocation. Didn't Ade get a five matcher for tear-arsing down to the Tarquins? Had the Sheff U fans got to their feet and played out a little bit of 'Let me at 'im' Steptoe might well have got a yellow!!

Away this weekend so haven’t seen MotD, did they include our not-given VAR penalty shout? I haven’t seen it on any of the highlights I’ve seen (Sky Sports & City’s official 2/3 minute package)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.