Var debate 2019/20

It happens in rugby league.

The refs send a decision up to the Video Ref, either saying “I’ve got a try” or “I’ve got no try”.

Then the VR will prove or disprove the ref’s decision. There has to be enough evidence to overturn the ref’s decision but it if there’s enough evidence he will do it.

For some reason in rugby league, it’s accepted that the refs, who only see something once from one angle at one speed, can make a mistake. PiGMOL seem scared to death of that. I have no idea why.

Nobody is going to think any differently of the ref if VAR disproves their decision. It’s the limitations of a human that seeing something live once cannot always confirm a decision, so the VAR needs to disprove them if they have the evidence.

That’s exactly why it’s there.

The ref in the RU match England/Ireland. "I thought I saw the ball grounded". He did, v.a,r proved it & England got a try out of it.

It could help if they weren't all shit ****s.

It happens in rugby league.

The refs send a decision up to the Video Ref, either saying “I’ve got a try” or “I’ve got no try”.

Then the VR will prove or disprove the ref’s decision. There has to be enough evidence to overturn the ref’s decision but it if there’s enough evidence he will do it.

For some reason in rugby league, it’s accepted that the refs, who only see something once from one angle at one speed, can make a mistake. PiGMOL seem scared to death of that. I have no idea why.

Nobody is going to think any differently of the ref if VAR disproves their decision. It’s the limitations of a human that seeing something live once cannot always confirm a decision, so the VAR needs to disprove them if they have the evidence.

That’s exactly why it’s there.

I agree I was just being abit sarcastic in rugby we can hear the ref but football its a closed shop we have no idea why ref make the decisions we have no idea why the VAR refs make the decisions we as fan are being treated with total contempt we pay good money to watch our teams and we are treated like shit by the fa and refs etc. Other sports are more open about the decisions that are made. Perhaps ex players should be doing the VAR they understand the game , not sure if it would work but it isn't working now...

VAR and refering mistakes will be the best leverage Agnelli will use to push the SuperLeague. A League with the top European teams, more money for clubs and the best refs available.

To me it looks like every FA in Europe is digging its own grave.

I agree but you cant really have someone sitting in his shed over ruling you when you are on the pitch , it would make it seem that the match ref is crap plus I guess it would put more pressure on the refs knowing that every mistake is going to notice by big brother. I wont like it if I was a ref. I can see why they back the ref but it doesn't make it right.

But no-one really cares if the ref gets it wrong initially (other than the refs themselves) as long as the correct outcome is given.

If I'm shit at my job I will get sacked, not backed to the hilt by some faceless all powerful hierarchy.

If Michael Oliver gets a decision wrong and is overruled by VAR then big fuckin deal! Let him go home crying with his wages in his back pocket and let the fans who pay those wages go home happy because football justice was served on the pitch.

why isn't VAR the same all around Europe I think the system were the match ref is told by VAR to take a look at the side of the pitch is a better system. Once the ref has viewed on the side HE makes the decision. In England we now have two refs refereeing a match one ref we can see and one ref we cant. Why do we have to be different to other leagues I guess its down to our fa and refs egos ..

But no-one really cares if the ref gets it wrong initially (other than the refs themselves) as long as the correct outcome is given.

If I'm shit at my job I will get sacked, not backed to the hilt by some faceless all powerful hierarchy.

If Michael Oliver gets a decision wrong and is overruled by VAR then big fuckin deal! Let him go home crying with his wages in his back pocket and let the fans who pay those wages go home happy because football justice was served on the pitch.

yes and that's my point its their little club and they look after each other they care if they get it wrong they all have big egos and so they are untouchable , they don't want their mate to admit it was wrong its a cover up !

What you have to look at is these soft penalties that liverpool got last year
This year if the ref gives them they will not be overturned by var
Just like penalties not given are not being overturned
I was all for var as most clubs were but we are using it completely different to how it's used across Europe
Alot of people deemed it a success in the world cup and that's why clubs and fans wanted it in
But the premier league thinking it's the centre of the football universe are using it under there own rules

I listen to about half a dozen football podcasts and most of the talking heads have had the Stockley Park indoctrination day. The common theme is that they’ll start broadcasting the communication between ref and var in the next season or so for transparency but that they wanted to get used to the system first.

It’s sorely needed and this thread knows that at best, people think var is useless and at worst, they think it’s a conspiracy to help Liverpool. Neither thoughts are right for the good of the game and it’s on them for their implementation of it.

May have been mentioned but are the faceless ones, in the shed at the bottom of the garden, checked as to which team they support or are they all Altrincham fans ?
It’s a different ref every time like in the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.