Bands Without Original Members

Seen them both. Have to disagree. Didn’t really enjoy the musical box at all. But hey....
Tbf MB at Wolverhampton Civic hall wers amazingly..so good i saw them a week later at Nottm Royal concert hall..disappointing..the disparity between the small intimate room at WCH (which fitted ths size of venue 73/74 Genesis were playing) and the enormous RCH played a big part imo...

Vince Clarke has legendary status for me...When Mute records brought out Yazoo's 1st single,a slow melodic track which got to No.2 in the uk chart...the b side of the 7" and 12'" was Situation..which promptly climbed to the very top of the US dance charts..(it stayed in the US chart for best part of a year)...a pretty cool achievement in my eyes...top2 on both sides of the Atlantic...not to mention the fact that loads of Dance/disco records for years afterwards blatantly sampled bits of Situation...everyone wanted a peice of it!
Clarke is a true electronic legend.
Not to mention The Assembly....

Talking of which I havent seen The Undertones without Feargal.

All down to personal opinions. I can't accept anyone but Freddie singing in Queen. Ditto Thin Lizzy and Philo. Van Halen without Diamond Dave .... they became just another rock band without him at the helm in my eyes (and ears)

However, happy and love Lynyrd Skynyrd with Johnny Van Zant singing. Steve Augeri matched Perry for me in Journey .... the Arrival album with him singing is second only to Escape in their catalogue for me.
Ditto Kelly Hansen in Foreigner.

We've debated Queen before but of course they make it quite clear it's not Queen: it's Queen + whoever.

Infinity, Evolution and Departure are all better Journey albums than Arrival!

Jason Bonham on drums for the Celebration day concert ?

did a pretty good job imo,he must have been very nervous etc...

Not quite his dad but definitely a chip off.

Real shame Percy wouldn't tour that band. I suppose you have to give him kudos for turning down that much money but...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.