Bands Without Original Members

Holding this opinion is considered a felony in my country, a capital offense in southern California, and worthy of vigilante justice in the San Fernando Valley.
And so it should, I should always proof read a post said completely the opposite of what I intended. :)

I'd love to go and watch Hackett again, but that singer he insists on using, is a complete C U Next Tuesday
I think he is perfect for what he is asked to do. He captures early Genesis vibe without doing a PG impersonation. It’s not everyone that could sing meaningfully about Giant Hogweed, The Fountain of Salmacis and a small dude with a musical box. He doesn’t get vocals for Steve’s solo and recent stuff. Unfortunately the drummer/ vocalist left the band last year which is a loss. I look forward to seeeing his replacement in October. You should go see them again mate, they really do continue to be excellent.

It's not Yes without Jon Anderson and bringing in Jon Davison who was a Yes Tribute singer really was just a bridge too far. Along with Gabriel Jon was my favourite vocalist of all time and a privilege to have seen him a few times of late in the Rabin Wakeman partnership.

It's not Yes without Jon Anderson and bringing in Jon Davison who was a Yes Tribute singer really was just a bridge too far. Along with Gabriel Jon was my favourite vocalist of all time and a privilege to have seen him a few times of late in the Rabin Wakeman partnership.
Yes without Anderson and Wakeman is like the Stones without Jagger and Richards.

Few more ....some work some don't

Styx without Dennis DeYoung ..... Gowan better keyboard player not better singer ... Dennis is an assole and tried to screw the band so its better for all he went
Loved Van Halen with Hagar, they went up a notch when they finally got someone who could sing
No Perry no Journey
Foreigner without Lou Gramm ...... both vocalists who replaced him the 2 times he left are great , Johnny Edwards and Kelly Hansen who is still in the band... Lou is a legend tho.
Fleetwood Mac originally without Peter Green and later without Christine McVie and Lindsay Buckingham is wrong
Blackfoot without Ricky Medlock ..... how could they Ricky is Southern rock royalty
Asia for all those years without John Wetton and Carl Palmer ....... you cannot replace prog legends and win
I was worried when Ozzy left/was fired by Sabbath but my worry soon went when he was replaced by the greatest metal singer ever ....
Saw Journey with Augeri, and Scot Soto, both were great and brought their own personality to the band, Saw them with Arnel Peneda and it was just a bland Perry copyist that made it like a tribute band.

All down to personal opinions. I can't accept anyone but Freddie singing in Queen. Ditto Thin Lizzy and Philo. Van Halen without Diamond Dave .... they became just another rock band without him at the helm in my eyes (and ears)

However, happy and love Lynyrd Skynyrd with Johnny Van Zant singing. Steve Augeri matched Perry for me in Journey .... the Arrival album with him singing is second only to Escape in their catalogue for me.
Ditto Kelly Hansen in Foreigner.

Yes without Anderson and Wakeman is like the Stones without Jagger and Richards.

Totally agree. Big fanboy of Wakeman too and still listen when the mood takes to Journey to the centre of the earth and the six wife's of Henry. But for me the defining touch was King Arthur getting to no 2 in the British charts mid seventies.

Here is Merlin The Magician from that album raising the hairs on the knape of your neck and a great time to live out your life messing about with Quests for this and that and eating proper un-tampered chicken washed down with copious amounts of mead. Written for our David this was.

Merlin The Magician

The Last battle ..

Sir Hector, Sir Bors, Sir Bladwain and Sir Berboris, the only surviving Knights of the Round Table, ended their days, after a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. Soon after the Saxons conquered all of Britain and the realm of Law was over. Many believed that Arthur would return to re-establish the Holy realm of hope and save Britain in the hour of its deadliest danger

About the year 1200 the monks of Glastonbury discovered the bones of Arthur buried near to those of Guinevere. Beneath the coffin a stone remained and there a cross bore the Latin inscription "Here lies King Arthur in his tomb, with Guinevere, his wife, in the Isle of Avalon."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.