Var debate 2019/20

I thought they released a statement following the spurs game that they would not be revising any interpretation but would listen to constructive comments from all interested parties at their meeting in mid September......

We've had 40/380 games of course it will adapt, and they've done exactly this for years. New edicts are brought in and tried every season, and they either stick or vanish, so obviously will affect some clubs and not others.

What we are seeing is a new system in its early stages, some of it will not work the best for the game right away, and will need some adjustment, so far it seems intent on stopping the one things that counts in football, goals, anyone can see that, and that hurts the game, so it has to be adjusted to prevent that.

Those just shouting do away with it, are going to be disappointed, and are wasting their efforts, better to get it doing things right, and in favour of the game, imho.
Since when did they change the laws within the course of a season? I'm not against var if it's run in a competent manner, sorts issues quickly and we don't end up wondering about the impartiality of those running it. One of the Muppets actually said it would take ten years for us to get used to it. If that's the case, you can see match commentators informing us that we are just going to hear a quick message from their sponsors. The game will be unwatchable in the ground or on tv.

More than anything I’m pissed off that it stopped our winning run. We’d now be on 18 wins on the bounce without this corruption.
Instead the talk yesterday was about Liverpool’s winning streak and could they set a new record? Well put your money on that happening.

I might do that Squirtyflower, I'm allegedly a jinx so if I bet on something it will not happen. So could I put £1 bet on Lierpool breaking that record and £1 bet on Jermaine Jenas ever saying anything good about City without a but/however in there? ;-)

If it is used properly and consistently, it will get the decisions right. So no.

I have got a little suspicion that mike riley and the premier league are deliberately misusung VAR to turn fans against it. That way, they can go back to being as bent as they have always been without the safety net of honesty and correctness that a properly-run VAR would bring. Evidence: completely disregarding the VAR laws brought in everywhere else they are using it, in favour of their own little "code".

"Let's randomly fuck it up so no-one wants VAR any more". It has taken them two years to think of this and it appears to me to be a very good plan.

And look, it is working.
I tend to agree with this train of thought, but they are making such a fuck up of it that it should be taken off them and given to an independent body

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.